Help › Forums

MATCHPLAY COMP

Fri, Jul 1 2016 7:49 AM (718 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2016 1:11 PM

Hello you four

You are all in  the money,it depends on how much  after this round lol

And don’t forget let me have a chance please to get my money back,any 9 hole course i don’t care  and my wife has just found out what i am giving away so you could save my marriage lol

Anyway enough of my babbling on,lets play golf

SEMI - FINALS

Pebblebeach 18 holes matchplay,

All games ranked/scored

This is  the new course but it is tough,very narrow fairways and slick greens with loads of breaks,if you go for it there is a good chance of making the difference,got to be brave but also be aware how your opponent is doing.

Start  16th June  must be completed by 30th June

If completed earlier i will post the final

Players please get your friend  invites out early and arrange a convenient time to play ,any problems contact me

RULES

Concessions on putts  must be agreed before start  if there is any

if level after 18 it will go to sudden death ,there has to be  a winner,

anyone refusing to play will forfeit  their match,

no handicap on sudden death.

if a player changes tier before the match,they must play as the new tier

any player with a -2  by their name must concede holes 6 and 14

any player with a -3 by their name must concede holes 6, 14 and 18

holes conceded  must be made on the tee before play of hole

can you check your playing partners tier please just in case they have changed and adjust accordingly

please check the handicap system and make sure the concession of hole/holes is correct.

THE DRAW

Vaibhav5viv L   V   Mythofpandora Ch -55     -3
    Vamborools L   V   Pjball TL   -2

gl all

paul

• bluey403
    1,528 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2016 1:41 AM

What a wonderful tourney you have created Paul.

The two V's have performed admirably, as has Pj but my hard earned is on Liz

When she gets a sniff, its comparable to a great white shark takin on a drunken sailor that has fallen overboard

Great effort indeed to make the SF's , very well played.

• VamboRools
    260 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2016 1:39 PM

A good semi-final for me and pjball...........A couple of lipouts and some bad bounces for Paul and all of a sudden i was 4up at the turn.

Paul pulled 2 quick holes back....however a cc'd hole plus one more for me made me 4 up with 4 to play.   We both birdied the 15th and that was that.

I get through to the final.....Paul no doubt curses his bad luck.

Good match with a nice opponent.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2016 12:43 PM

Myself and Liz just finished our game. It was a see-saw battle all the way. Great match with another fabulous player.

Liz birdied 1 to go 1UP. I came back with a 20ft eagle on 2 and another bird on 3 to go ahead. Liz again birdied 4 and 5 to go ahead before 6th hole cc made it AS. Halves on 7 & 9 sandwiched an exquisite shot from Liz on 8 to 3ft as we made the turn with her going 1UP. We made birdie halve on 10 before I birdied 11 to make it AS. I bunkered off the tee on 12 to give up the hole. 13th was a crucial hole as I made a 13 ft curler to remain 1 DN which was wiped with a cc on 14.Tough wind on 15 meant I can get away with a halve despite driving into 40-50 rough. Liz found the right rough off the tee which led to a bogey on 16 for me to go 1 UP and with it the match.

• MYTHofPANDORA
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2016 12:52 PM

Val and me just finish the game he won 1up in the 17th... he was 1 up when we start the 17th, i concede the match because even if i won the hole i did not have the chance because i have to concede the 18th... so no point to play another hole. I was 1 up when we get to the 14th, after that, all went weird for me... anyway "CONGRATS" Val, was a pleasure play with you and good luck in the final.  Thanks Paul for lets me play in your Tour, all fun

Liz

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2016 1:05 PM

Well this is it the final

128 players started and we are down to the last but as highlander says there can only be one lol.thx to everyone who took part and enjoyed it as much as i have organising it.

There will be another one shortly and will be taking it a bit further with a handicap matchplay comp,not holes but shots instead,i am testing it out at  my club with the backing of the the management,everyone will have a proper handicap that will be new.

Anyway to the last match

Its amazing that the two finalists are  legends .thats why i made it a handicap hole  system to be fair to all players and congratulations  to both players on making it count,they have seen off all the champions/tour legends to reach the final,

Our finalists

Vaibhav5viv  L

Vamborools L

They even sound like brothers lol

Anyway best of luck to you both in the final

THE FINAL

Merion gc  18 holes matchplay,

ranked/scored

probably the toughest course on wgt,tough greens narrow fairways,a true test.

Start 23rd June and no end date im sure it will be completed shortly

This is what you are playing for and a nice trophy to put your profile

1/ 2,500 credits

2/ 1400 credit

Theres no holes conceded

And don’t forget let me have a chance please to get my money back,any 9 hole course i don’t care  and my wife has just found out what i am giving away so you could save my marriage lol

Gl both

paul

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2016 2:16 PM

Good luck to both in final, and great effort from you Finny, you will be rewarded in heaven......thats if you wanna go there, be a bit dull lol

Bubbs

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2016 4:35 PM

Is smoking allowed in Heaven?  If not I have a tough decision to make.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2016 6:18 PM

Yes the very best to the finalists but special thanks for the huge effort of Paul to have successfully pulled this off. A great comp and a honour to have participated,

• VamboRools
    260 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 6:56 AM

Well...a good final.....we both made some good birdies but my putting let me down a couple of times.   Vaibhav pitched in from 11yds at the tough 5th for a birdie....just when i was recovering from that he flopped in from 20yds at the tough 6th for a birdie too !!!!   Two great shots and that's when i realised it wouldn't be my match !!

Vaibhav was 3 up at the turn ..i got one back ....then he restored his 3 hole lead. He birdied the 16th to win by 4 holes.

A great champion...Vaibhav fully deserved the win....well done mate

Thanks for all your hard work Paul ... a great tournament....sure I'll play you over 9 holes ....i'll message you

RSS