Forums

Help › Forums

MATCHPLAY COMP

Fri, Jul 1 2016 7:49 AM (718 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 1:59 PM

MATCHPLAY MATCHES AND RESULTS

CH  55  and below average at time of play  V TL  2 holes,L 3 holes,TM 4 holes,M 5 holes

CH v TL   1 hole                  

CH v L  2 holes

CH v TM 3 holes

CH v M 4 holes

TL  v L  2 holes

TL v  TM  3 holes

TL v M 4 holes

L v TM 2 holes

L v M  3 holes

TM  v M 2holes

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 3:08 PM

I supposed that the handicaps are calculated on 18 holes? I'd like to partecipate. Byeeeee

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 4:56 PM

LOL. It better be over 18, Tamasch. 3and6 would be tough to overcome.  I'll have a go, Paul.  :-)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 6:02 PM

I'll pass.

WGT already has tier handicaps.  They're called tee boxes.  Besides, I've seen tour pros in the 90s with gear at their level.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 6:18 PM

MichaelStroke:
    Besides, I've seen tour pros in the 90s with gear at their level.

Pretty much what my thought was after seeing the handicaps. Way too many M's and TM's with L or higher gear hitting from the short tees. Is that not handicap enough?

I do commend you though Paul, great efforts in the tournaments you run. Very well done.

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 8:27 PM

I'll play.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 10:49 PM

MichaelStroke:

I'll pass.

WGT already has tier handicaps.  They're called tee boxes.  Besides, I've seen tour pros in the 90s with gear at their level.

in answer to a couple of questions it s early days and i appreciate the feedback,it could all change,probably not many lower tiers would want to enter,there has to be some of handicap though ,i wouldnt call being 30yds closer  to the hole a great advantage against the big boys no matter what clubs you have got really.

and dont forget they would be playing on different green speeds,i bet not many TMS or MS have played T or CH greens,

and the big thing it is free to enter and a bit of fun and a chance to make new friends,

but thx for your posts

paul

besides if i dont get the interest,il think of something else,ive got loads of ideas to play with lol

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 12:14 AM

You are a glutton for punishment Paul.

I like what you are creating mate, WGT needs more of it.

I'm in.

Cheers.

• jacko1972
    927 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 12:40 AM

Sounds like another good tournament put up by yourself Paul and hat's off to you mate. WGT needs more people like yourself.

Hopefully you can get enough interest which I am sure you will.

Sign me up please

John

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 1:21 AM

I am in Paul

Whatever you do it will be fun mate, maybe a few issues with it but so what mate. Just a game.

Just go for it.

Bubbs

RSS