Forums

Help › Forums

who is the best player in the game?

Mon, Mar 5 2018 11:11 PM (244 replies)
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 11:15 AM

I had to go back to page 7 to see which idiot resurrected a 2 year old thread. I should've known without checking...

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 3:59 PM

mkrizan86:

I had to go back to page 7 to see which idiot resurrected a 2 year old thread. I should've known without checking...

Don't beat around the bush sir!  It was I - the one and only HENRY KAWA!    You called me an idiot sir.  Not nice.  Tisk tisk....

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 9:18 AM

krskfr:

. Breaking down stats is a good indicator, however which statistics are the most imperative to formulate a conclusion on? I guess "par 3" "par 4" and "par 5" scoring average is a start, but not entirely empirical. Any thoughts?

IMHO My conclusion would be looking at the top tier players who  1) used the starter ball almost exclusively  2) number one plus: they still use the rock .

To me, this is an indication of the understanding of golf physics to the point where they don't need or require a ball that drops and stops, they also must take more account for the terrain and roll out plus they can deal with a meter that isn't slowed down for easy actuation. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 9:43 AM

JFidanza:
    To me, this is an indication of the understanding of golf physics to the point where they don't need or require a ball that drops and stops, they also must take more account for the terrain and roll out plus they can deal with a meter that isn't slowed down for easy actuation. 

Exactly. It's too bad the ball sales are necessary because this would be a whole different game were everybody to use the same ball-the free one.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:09 PM

YankeeJim:
    Exactly. It's too bad the ball sales are necessary because this would be a whole different game were everybody to use the same ball-the free one.

And a damned lot less profitable!

I wonder if that could have a bearing on it?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:28 PM

alanti:
    I wonder if that could have a bearing on it?

Well duh.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 9:14 AM

I don't like to blow my own horse, but I am the only person in WGT history to have an 800 game winning streak in Match Play.   So that's pretty good!

• 77Rachel
    1,590 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 9:49 AM

HenryKawa:

I don't like to blow my own horse, but I am the only person in WGT history to have an 800 game winning streak in Match Play.   So that's pretty good!

Well la-de-dah!

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 10:38 AM

HenryKawa:

I told you about blowing your horse back on page 9 . You cant keep doing that . Its against the law and most definitely has got to leave a bad taste in your mouth . It also seems to cause you to have amnesia since here you are going through this all over again .

So get a grip Henry and not on your horse . Leave the horse alone . Although a winning streak is impressive it doesnt make you the best . You would have to go through the profile of player and compare your stats to theirs before you could even make that claim . Plus you would have to play and beat all of the players at the top tier as well . You will find the best players for the most part playing on the virtual tour . Go start there and come back in 3 months and tell us what you think after playing them . 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 11:07 AM

lonniescott711:

Plus you would have to play and beat all of the players at the top tier as well . You will find the best players for the most part playing on the virtual tour . Go start there and come back in 3 months and tell us what you think after playing them . 

Agree with the virtual tour,(except those that are using cheat sheets) but then again, he would also have to get some of the best back here that don't play anymore.  Let HK play with the equipment they had back in the day, and then we shall see how good HK probably really isn't.

RSS