Help › Forums

who is the best player in the game?

Mon, Mar 5 2018 11:11 PM (244 replies)
  • gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:45 AM

Crikey!

Apparently Hillary was under sniper fire, as she claimed while in Bosnia

Craig has finally solved the mystery, of where the Bosnian shooter was entrenched

Good show

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:54 AM
    Wowzers. How times have changed, lol. Just reminiscing here a bit, but i remember a time when Bollox was considered to be one of the best, if not the best in the game. Does he still play (havent checked myself) and if he does, how come he aint mentioned in here?
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 12:25 PM

lonniescott711:

HenryKawa:

lonniescott711:

HenryKawa:

I don't like to blow my own horse, but I am the only person in WGT history to have an 800 game winning streak in Match Play.   So that's pretty good!

I told you about blowing your horse back on page 9 . You cant keep doing that . Its against the law and most definitely has got to leave a bad taste in your mouth . It also seems to cause you to have amnesia since here you are going through this all over again .

So get a grip Henry and not on your horse . Leave the horse alone . Although a winning streak is impressive it doesnt make you the best . You would have to go through the profile of player and compare your stats to theirs before you could even make that claim . Plus you would have to play and beat all of the players at the top tier as well . You will find the best players for the most part playing on the virtual tour . Go start there and come back in 3 months and tell us what you think after playing them . 

Can't really look at overall stats, because at one time I was NOT the best so my stats were not very good.  It shows a lot of losses but those all happened years ago when I was just learning the game.   If you can isolate my stats over the last 2  years,  you will see that I have lost basically NO games that I can remember.  As far as playing some of the top players and come back in 3 months... I ALREADY DID THAT - I am now back to tell  you about it.  I am the best!   (not to blow my own horn).

But you cant isolate your stats over the last 2 years they are`nt set up that way . Also you have to play all of the top players and beat them by an overwhelming majority and you have`nt done that . Currently you are :

vs. Tour Legends 4 - 2

vs Champions 2 - 4 

So as you can see you still have a long way to go and a lot of golf to play . So although you are back the story you want to tell is not truthful . You have yet to play the very best players and defeat them and until you do then you are not the best . The facts speak for themselves and they are`nt calling your name . If you cant run with the big dogs then stay on the porch Put the horn down you arent good enough to blow it .. 

I know where the two TL losses came from.  :D

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 3:41 PM
    HenryKawa:
    Dazza, you are absolutely right.   I would say after Henry Kawa, Sebicu and Fmagnets are neck and neck for second and third place.
    Sorry Henry. How did i forget you. My bad :-)
  • opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:04 PM

alosso:

HenryKawa:
    (not to blow my own horn).
    The conundrum being, "Where's your horse?"

A Reformed Troll that I know told me he traded the horse for a goat and two chickens .

OPY

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:23 PM

Sorry ,, it was a goat and 3 chickens and one of them was a duck .

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:30 PM

Bad deal there, first one would have been better. The goat would have kept him occupied.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 5:17 AM

Be they goat, duck, chicken or aardvark, they'll all quickly get bored with Henry's bullcrap and run away.

As to the best player in the game.  That's tough.  The top players today appear to use a lot more maths than those from years ago.  They may be able to play the ball closer on a regular basis but I'm not sure if I'd judge them as being better than the play by feel players.

At the end of the day, the best player in the game is probably the one that can putt best.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 5:44 AM

MainzMan:
    At the end of the day, the best player in the game is probably the one that can putt best.

Spot on, ergo anyone playing the elite players should always strive to arrange an early morning tee off time...

*coat*

• HenryKawa
    1,720 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:33 AM

MichaelStroke:

I know where the two TL losses came from.  :D

Hahaha.   Hi Michael.   I should have beat you that game.   I took the early lead and thought it would be clear sailing..... I was wrong.   I am a MUCH better player today, than I was then.

RSS