Help › Forums

Conceding Should be Black and White

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 24 2015 5:19 PM (53 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 8:25 AM

Tamsach:
    nobility (I wrote it between " ", in Italy that means not the exact word but the surrounding ideal) 

Point taken Tamsach, sorry I was so mean to you. I did not consider the language problem and actually your English is very good.

As I said earlier I waver between gentleman and dick, today I was a Richard.

However, I still do not think that Magneto was being (or ever is) a bad sport!

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 9:17 AM

PaulTon:

DDRoss1:
    I have actually had what i thought was a friend drop me as a friend for missing cedes in alt for a 3.3 and 3. 7 ft putt

If my friends did that I'd have none left, as you well know DD!!

When it's not my turn I'm usually staring at faces in the clouds or looking for aliens/bigfoot.

I smoke way too much...

LMAO PK,,,,,well life is funny, and its even funnier when someone takes alt so seriously...its a damn virtual game....not real life

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 9:19 AM

ct690911:

DDRoss1:

I have actually had what i thought was a friend drop me as a friend for missing cedes in alt for a 3.3 and 3. 7 ft putt....i was busy reading emails and some posts in skype, it was not even intentional, when did this stop being a game and life or death in alt shot, and 2 putt hits on a ball wont kill anyone.....wow....ps i you like to play alt, i need more alt friends, as i dont have many that play so please hit me up and i will try to remember to cede that 3.5 ft putt for you...lol..no really hit me up with an FR....i love to play alt, just most of my friends are more stroke players.

All I play is Alt...friend request sent.

ps...I also friended Paul Ton...is that a deal breaker?...:)

LOL...hell no PK is a great guy and a has been a friend for years.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 9:49 AM

Tamsach: "I was quite surprise when I played vs FMagnets and he told me that he never concedes. What the hell: you are already the strongest by miles, and you wanna also take advantage from potential unlucky events for yr adversary? I definitely decided that FMagnets is not a gentleman and neither a golf player, imho."

English may not be his first language..but it's good enough...and the message is crystal clear. To say he misunderstood, or that we readers did, is disingenuous at best.

FMagnets: "As before when you tried to spread malicious lies about me, I await your apology with interest"

My understanding of the wgt forum protocol is that a person is never to be slagged or called out by name. In his post, you obviously were..At any rate, after reading this "gentleman's" very detailed opinion and assertions, I doubt any sincere apology will be forthcoming.

my .02

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 10:49 AM

"the only time you got inside 3ft" LMAO what a great line!

I hadn't seen Fmags latest post until now, sheds even more light on it. Maybe I wasn't being a Richard after all.

If conceding putts was indeed black and white and the decision was made at a set distance then alt shot and matchplay games are almost reduced to target golf.

I concede as I see fit for the circumstance but I demand nothing in return. 

If I can't make a putt that really should be a gimme then I'll deserve the humiliation that would come with the miss.

I've got more to worry about than how someone else clicks their mouse.

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:09 PM

fmagnets:

Tamsach:

English is not my language, but "any putt that could be missed" means for me, any putt.

Otherwise the FACT is that you don't agree to concede putts.

And as English is not your 1st language you shouldn't be adding your own (incorrect) interpretation to the English words that others use.

Not agreeing to concede putts at a certain predetermined length in the semi-finals of the CC knockout competition is not the same as not agreeing to concede putts. If I know you have a bendy or false-breaking 2ft putt I may want to see it (especially at Merion on champ greens). If you have a straight 5ft putt I may decide it is unmissable and concede it, and have done in matches far more important than ours. The very article you cited talks about the art of deciding when and when not to give putts. Take this choice away and make it black and white and you are removing one of the facets of matchplay.

I note that in our match you were conceded a 2.2ft putt because I considered it unmissable (the only time you were within 3ft).  I also note that the shortest putt not conceded was my 3ft putt on the first hole. The video shows that your statement "FMagnets told me that he never concedes" is untrue.

And whilst I shouldn't have to add this, I will. Check out this video of the 15th green at Chambers Bay at 1h20m in arguably my biggest match of the year.

As before when you tried to spread malicious lies about me, I await your apology with interest.

You are not the King and I'm not yr servant waiting for yr benevolence. This is only a computer game, whatever the match and there should be some gentlemen agreement, imo. I'll try in the future to avoid to nominate you and to disturb you, hoping to beat you on the ground, if I'l have a chance. Bye

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:21 PM

Tamsach:
    there should be some gentlemen agreement

I still don't get this with regard to concedes by length.

Besides the tactical shortcomings, it might be viewed as the mutual agreement of players to wave Rule 2-4, which according to Rule 1-3 would lead to disqualification of both of them.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:43 PM

Tamsach:

fmagnets:

Tamsach:

English is not my language, but "any putt that could be missed" means for me, any putt.

Otherwise the FACT is that you don't agree to concede putts.

Mags: And as English is not your 1st language you shouldn't be adding your own (incorrect) interpretation to the English words that others use.

Not agreeing to concede putts at a certain predetermined length in the semi-finals of the CC knockout competition is not the same as not agreeing to concede putts. If I know you have a bendy or false-breaking 2ft putt I may want to see it (especially at Merion on champ greens). If you have a straight 5ft putt I may decide it is unmissable and concede it, and have done in matches far more important than ours. The very article you cited talks about the art of deciding when and when not to give putts. Take this choice away and make it black and white and you are removing one of the facets of matchplay.

I note that in our match you were conceded a 2.2ft putt because I considered it unmissable (the only time you were within 3ft).  I also note that the shortest putt not conceded was my 3ft putt on the first hole. The video shows that your statement "FMagnets told me that he never concedes" is untrue.

And whilst I shouldn't have to add this, I will. Check out this video of the 15th green at Chambers Bay at 1h20m in arguably my biggest match of the year.

As before when you tried to spread malicious lies about me, I await your apology with interest.

Tamsach: You are not the King and I'm not yr servant waiting for yr benevolence. This is only a computer game, whatever the match and there should be some gentlemen agreement, imo. I'll try in the future to avoid to nominate you and to disturb you, hoping to beat you on the ground, if I'l have a chance. Bye

CT : "I doubt any sincere apology will be forthcoming"...I realize I just quoted myself, but do I still win a cookie?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:59 PM

ct690911:
    but do I still win a cookie

Well Colin, that is not a black & white answer. How big of a cookie do you want? lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 4:23 PM

Oreos are black and white, maybe a double stuff one of those?  LOL

RSS