rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 11 2015 2:23 PM (67 replies)
  • OleFernando
    162 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2015 3:32 PM
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2015 3:35 PM

Woo hoo, Russ. Bravo! Congratulations on a great round, and the clubhouse lead @ Merion. Shooting a best-ever round with Starters is about as satisfying as it gets -- you know you've been through the ringer, lol!

One thing though... I'm struggling to see the detail on your stats. Is there a link I'm missing to see your pics full-size. I remember having this issue before, but not remembering the solution. When I open the conglomerated image in New Tab/Window, I can do one enlarge but that's all before it gets very blurry.

Note, because you're able to do the hover bagshot, you could do it all in one screenshot if you wanted: selecting either 3W or 3H so it's in the avatar's hand, while then hovering over the other, 3H or 3W, to show the club distance rating. The bag hover reveals that your wedges are SW & LW, which proves you couldn't have fancy degree wedges in the bag.

Alternatively, the 4 club screenshots is fine too (for those that can't do bagshot hovers and still take a screengrab): the clubs we need to see in that case are 3W, 3H, SW, LW.

--------

Edit: and the great scores keep coming in... Fabulous shooting there from Ole as well. Bravo to you too on a great 69.

------------

Edit #2: 

Here's my own sorry card and stats from a R1 76 (added to this post later on to put it in the right chronology).

I lost the plot completely on the back 9 after a clumsy 6 foot birdie miss on #10, and then a total wtf into the water 2nd on #11 on a small mishit. To be honest, I was getting very tired of restarting the game client every hole or so, when it kept denying me a reverse view camera on the greens (just one of those bad connection days, I guess... but it was sorely trying for the patience, right when I needed a lot of focus). After that I was leaking shots all over the place.

Very disappointed in myself not to keep toughing-it-out and grind towards a better score

:( 

• DaniUnchained
    44 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 3:31 AM

2nd Round done... so bad 3putted 16 and 17.... +4

• BunkerBuzzer
    269 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 8:29 AM

Rd 2

missed little t-box on 18 :-( , had 13 tailwind too, would it have reached main f/way ?

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 8:43 AM

Round 2 74

Completely lost concentration and rhythm playing straight after Olympic. Missed a short putt on the first, then hacked for much of the rest of the round, missing fairways by miles with big missed dings to be behind the 8-ball on so many holes. Reasonable fighting score in the end given how badly things had gone. Stats at 37m19s, and club view on return to the game client at the end of the vid.

Thx again Corwyn - more great work from you so soon after your Ryder Cup efforts.

• HoylakeHunter
    904 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 10:33 AM

found a way onto this green for once ;-p replay.aspx?ID=02d45641 15e2 4291 9a52 a55501317deb

and a nice finish replay.aspx?ID=9b7ced45 3948 481d 819b a5550134b53a

thx for the these comps corwyn

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 3:41 PM

Wanted so badly to finish under par for one these TIO's, but not to be this time. Still a very solid round with nothing much exceptional happen.

Could not reach the green or fairway in regulation on #3, #4 and #18. Still should have made 5 on #18, only needed to get up and down from 9yds for the 5.

Reached #5 in regulation but still had a 47ft uphill putt from the front of the green and could have easily 4 putted.

This time I kept the club shot separate from the scorecard. Hopefully that makes the stats more easily readable.

Great tournament(s) Corwyn. Thank you

• Zayante
    45 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 7:19 PM

Round 1

• jeffacer62
    122 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2015 8:06 PM

Not bad considering I was 3 over after 5 holes.

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2015 12:55 AM

WD when i realized that after my drive at 4th, it would take another 4 shots to reach green. Shame on such a fun tourney that settings are a joke(yes it's the same for all) but still.

GL to the rest of you that playing.

RSS