Wed, Jan 8 2020 2:26 PM (20 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 8:37 AM

• Willie1921
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 9:09 AM

Don,

Thank you very much for this feedback. The number of names with Willie was overwhelming. I honestly don't remember if I had a different user name back in 2013. When I signed in last month, the WGT site came up with Willie 1921, so I assumed that was my previous user name.

Because I had only played a few rounds the first time I played, I did a sort on Hack and on Amateur. I also did a sort with USA and with Pennsylvania (I've lived in PA for 35 years). I couldn't find a name that triggered my memory.

I guess I'm stuck without a membership, but I appreciate your effort to help me understand what happened. It's the only detail I've gotten.

Mick

• Willie1921
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 9:25 AM

DON! I THINK I GOT IT!!  lol  I did a search on my nickname, Mick, and as I started to enter it, it came up with MickyMinn which is a nickname I use on a number of other sports and gaming sites. And I found a MickyMinn who is a Hack level player in Singapore!! There's also a Mickyminnie2 in Australia, but I've never used that nickname. The MickyMinn is too unique not to be me, I would think. The bigger question is, why isn't there a MickyMinn in US, and why would a MickyMinn in Singapore be associated with my IP in Pennsylvania? But I'd bet a dollar this is the cause of the multiple accounts accusation. It also fits that this MickyMinn is a lvl 1 Hack, which fits with the short amount of time I played back in 2013. Although it also suggests this player signed in from Singapore? but never actually played? All too confusing for an old man.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 9:53 AM

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 10:00 AM

TopShelf2010:

Willie1921:
    I guess I'm stuck without a membership

As long as you are able to login and post to these Forums, you should be able to play as well.

Which version are you signed in on?

PC Flash?

PC Standalone?

or the Mobile App?

Don

Agreed. His account can't be suspended if he is able to post in the forums.. You can't post with an suspended account, 

• Willie1921
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 10:12 AM

You're pushing my knowledge here, Don, lol. I'm on a Dell PC that I assume is a standalone (I'm on a secure home network). While I can sign in, when I tried to play (I haven't tried today), the game starts to load and then I get a box that says my username has been suspended. I suspect I can post to Forums because the left hand box has that message about "Select for Adobe" and when you click on it, it says "Allow on this site one time" or something like that. If I don't click on it, I can still access forums. If I click on it, then I can't even get to forums.

I even tried to check that I was correct so I clicked to allow Adobe one time and then I could read the forums but not reply. So I signed out and tried to sign back in and it wouldn't allow me to sign in; said account was suspended, or words to that effect (again, I'm old...)  I had to go back to your email with the link to this thread so I could post this. Maybe a glitch in accessing the forums?

Bottom line, I'm still suspended, but I can still post as long as I don't allow Adobe in that left hand box. 

• Willie1921
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 10:15 AM

Sorry for so many posts. I went back to read exact terminology when I try to sign in. It says "Your account has been disabled". It is no longer just suspended, but disabled, yet I can still post here by not enabling Adobe.

• Willie1921
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 10:20 AM

I'm doing way too much of this but don't want to misinform. I can still get to Willie1921 and can open Clubhouse Tournaments (my clubhouse), but when I choose a tournament to play I now get the "account has been disabled". Before today it was "account has been suspended". In any case, I can access Willie1921 and I can post in forums if I don't enable adobe, but I can't play. And I don't want to try creating a new account because I have about $100 of equipment in the Willie1921 account.

Again, sorry for so many posts.

• Willie1921
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 10:37 AM

I don't know if you had anything to do with it, Don, but my privileges were just restored. I don't know what the heck caused the problem, I don't know why the privileges were restored, but I guess all is good. Have to see how long it lasts. I assume whatever caused the problem is still out there. If I keep playing I won't be spending any more money lol.

If you had input, thank you. Even if you didn't, thank you. I feel a lot better about trying to understand how to navigate issues in this game.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 2:11 PM

Willie1921:
    I guess all is good.
    Let's take it for that - a good day in WGTland.

Happy hitting!!

RSS