Forums

Help › Forums

Multi Account Holders?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 8 2020 2:26 PM (20 replies)
  • firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2015 8:21 PM

As a CC owner I would like to know how WGT determines Multi Account holders? And I would like to know what they would do if they found one?

Outside of my CC I could care less what people do, but I do have concerns about having multi account holders with in my CC. 

For the life of me I don't know what the advantage is of having two accounts! I can barely keep up with the one that I have!

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2015 10:28 PM

I'm no expert - and certainly not a multi-acc holder. I too have a hard enough time playing just 1.

But my understanding is as follows:-

1. WGT can see the IP address of each login - so multiple accounts with the same IP add would be targeted.

2. If I set up a 2nd account - it would be at a much lower level - so I have an advantage with my experience against genuine new players at lower tiers. So I can win prize money more easily in my lower tier account.

3. The advantage to my primary account is that I can then gift from my lower tier account things such as balls so my primary account does not have to pay for them.

4. This then also provides another means of detecting multi-accounts for further investigation ---- repeated gifting from one low tier to a higher level account.

Detection by WGT incurs suspension of both accounts.

The Hakman

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2015 11:18 PM

Advantages would include gifting credits gained in an unfair way to a main account.  One look at just the Hack / Am comps and you can see how very rife it is.  Imagine starting at even L tomorrow with what you know now.....Access to those brackets etc , just be easier to stay ahead even with that.

As  CC owner I usually will not go below M, but will drop a bit lower only very sometimes.  The lower I go the even more looking I do, and often that's several PMs back and forth.  I don;t want that to sound grandiose but I do have a duty to keep the club to good people best I can, and also grow it lie that.  We have a couple of people who joined as lower tiers who are now a big part of the club, and so I never rule out finding a good person there.  In the end I guess I try and impose a sensible civil law type test

I only say that as I don't think relying on WGT will help too much.  They do chop a good few first day heroes, but it's beating away flies with a chitty stick.  Easy to knock them for it, but I am also not sure what else they can reasonably do either mostly.  I say mostly as a few things seem to go that I think they should address, but in the greater scheme doubt huge..

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2015 11:46 PM

As CC omwner you are not answerable to anyone, if you have a doubt you fire the guy and that all.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 12:48 AM

Jimbog1964:
    but I am also not sure what else they can reasonably do either mostly.

One possible solution would be to not offer any credits until Master tier is achieved, AND (this has to be a part of that strategy) a certain level is achieved also (ex: Level 50+ Master). Don't allow any player below the specified level/tier to win any credits at all (except for the few you get advancing from tier to tier) in any format.

Wouldn't stop it, but it would make the MA's work a bit harder/longer. 

But, on the other hand, by allowing these restarts/multi-accounts to win the nickle and dime credits, and even some RG's "before" banning them is a win-win for WGT. Pay the cheat, then ban him/her. Keeps the legit players from gaining anything meaningful, and hopefully, making deposits (or earning free credits) instead of having a free ride to a small bank.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 1:36 AM

Given the current format, WGT don't have a big incentive to deter multi-accounting. Its actually beneficial to them if a MA is top of the leaderboard as they can ban the account but the 2nd place player wont get paid the 1st place prize.

There's a certain guy who has like 30+ accounts banned and keep coming back with a new one(he's actually creative with the names and doesn't just add numbers at the end).

• rfgraham1
    2,739 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 10:52 PM

They stand out like a sore thumb if you know what to look for.

1. They immediately join a club to get free meters.

2. They will have an unusually low average (My first round 18 holes on wgt was 107 lol).

3. They will tier up very quickly as they already know how.

4. If they are playing in match play you may see them regularly beat masters for example.

Report them to wgt and their IP address will be checked. If found to have more than one account they will be removed.

It is however impossible for wgt to deal with those who may have multiple IP addresses at home/work etc.

Rob

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 2:04 PM

rfgraham1:
    It is however impossible for wgt to deal with those who may have multiple IP addresses at home/work etc.

A couple of years ago, someone reported the reverse. Seems a father/son thing happened. My son isn't interested, but if he were, and got advice from me, he'd probably look like a multi, and get me flogged in the bargain.

Just putting it out there as a potential problem.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 2:24 PM

I am glad some one has had luck with it, because I sent wgt  complaint one day and wgt cleared them. I sent a message to a guy in our club one day and another person replied to the message, I confronted the guy and he made up some lame story about that it was his partners computer that he replied on. It made no since to me why another account sent me a message with the other guys signature on it. 

Long story short WGT said it was legit, I kicked him out of my club, sent the info to the club owner of the other account and he got kicked out, and now they are both at different clubs with one of them gifting balls and clubs.  Not my problem any more. I just hate to see this happen to other respectable clubs!

I have had no luck with WGT!

• Willie1921
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 6:46 AM

I have a slightly different problem. I have been suspended for multiple accounts, but to my knowledge I only have one account. There is one possibility I suppose. I joined WGT back in 2013 but quit playing after a short while. Then one of my real life golf partners told me he was having a lot of fun with WGT, so I started playing again just last month. Is it possible I was assigned a different ID from 2013? I believe I'm still using the same email address but it's even possible I joined under an older email address; I just don't remember (I'm 71 years old, lol). Also, I've only played rounds with the current ID and I've never gifted anybody anything. And my scoring average is 71.9 after 77 rounds (I bought a complete set of "middling" clubs and one of the lower level balls; spent about $100 in total). I've never played a round under any other ID since I don't know of any other ID. Is there a way to get WGT to tell me what this other ID is?

RSS