Every Day People CC Weekly Rewards.

Wed, Jul 13 2016 2:09 PM (127 replies)
  • roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 4:16 PM

bubbsboy:

roddy1234:

ct690911:

So, this thread has come full circle...accusations of poaching and explanations for the right of adults to choose...Roddy, the most vocal defender and explainer for EDP is now in a CC of one?

sadly...it seems there are no winners here.

ct

Hey, hi again!!

MP has a dream

So do i but it doesn`t entail WGT 

It is true that the most talented of defenders has departed, and it will be interesting to see how the EDPCC fairs without him

Canny on the auld trumpet

But I find it hard to believe that you struggle to believe that adults have the right to choose.

When offered cheap balls to leave their clubs..

We came apart once before

So did Ben Turpins pupils

,and I said if it fell apart again, that that would be the end. And indeed it has come to pass. He may have kicked, but I was in the process of jumping ;-)

[shrug shoulders]

Any offers from clubs that need some help in managing their players 

Who are you Jose Mourinho

Seriously, you expect me to reply to that!!

The first one ore two I'll grant you, but the rest really are a stretch.

You're gonna have to do much, much better than that to ellicit a proper response from me...sorry.

Onwards and upwards

Roddy

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 5:10 PM

Hi there. always nice to chat with a guy with the best intentions, and always thoughtful answers.

pdb1:
    For those of you that think that requiring XP's is a necessity . I ask you . How's that working out for you ? What does it get you ? How is the moral in your CC ?

Just speaking as a guy who has at least helped to drive a club from nothing to 7th place within 9 months, I feel somewhat qualified to speak on this subject.

Whether you and I measure it, WGTs leader board, on weekly ccxp. It may well be a nonsense, but we are where we are. We all see The Georgian up there every week, and they are deemed to be the best.

EDPCC have done this through various means. Engagement of members, encouragement of connections, and an insistence of at least 4,000ccxp per week, And when those who fall short habitually continued to do so, they got one of our "Hasta la vista Babies" messages.

We got rid of as many members as MP was frantically recruiting, but there does come a point in time when you start to attract people who play regularly.

So if your focus is one of fun and frivolity, you're never, ever going to make the top 10. However, as with most things in life, if you're determined to reach the top, then you will.

It may not be the most altruistic measure of success, but when I was there, we kicked ass. I hope that they can maintain that attitude without me.

Onwards and upwards

Roddy

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 5:53 PM

Sorry, didn't reply fully.

EDPCC is probably one of the best clubs on here, they (we) have built an amazing hub of members. A properly good bunch of people ...and I say that as someone who's just been kicked out of it!!

As for the ccxp generation, I'm not sure to be honest. Personally I think it's crazy to jump through hoops at a set time of day. But done right, it builds camaraderie, and it has certainly provided loads of that too.

It's good to have a focus,. it concentrates minds, but lets be serious, the stated measure of it is not necessarily the best; satisfaction is. The EDPCC is the best club on here; nice people; friendly people; content people.

And I'll still be apart from it sadly as it begins to lose its lustre

Onwards and upwards

Roddy

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2015 1:53 AM

TOP ?

Top of playing the XP chase the best?  They can have that and the daft clash nonsense on the same paper plate.

Entitled to whatever personal goals same as everyone, and also definitions of top same as everyone of course.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2015 4:37 AM

roddy1234:
    Whether you and I measure it, WGTs leader board, on weekly ccxp. It may well be a nonsense, but we are where we are.
    This leaderboard is there because the company wants it to be there - it's part of the successful "make money from useless XP collection by members for their CC" business model, just like the worthless golden Clash prize. The leaderboard is so "important" that it disappears a second after it's final state, and I'm guessing nobody cares except for those on it. It has an end in itself. Benefits? None at all!

roddy1234:
    EDPCC have done this through various means. Engagement of members, encouragement of connections, and an insistence of at least 4,000ccxp per week, And when those who fall short habitually continued to do so, they got one of our "Hasta la vista Babies" messages.

Each to his own, but why does this resemble to compulsory labour in my ears?

Life happens beyond any online game.

• ct690911
    7,198 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2015 5:05 AM

"...and an insistence of at least 4,000 ccxp per week. And when those who fall short habitually continued to do so, they got one of our "Hasta la vista Babies" messages."

Is this the mind set used by the Georgian CC to win clashes?...Why would anyone want to sign up to any CC, which demands they spend money to generate CCXP points?...for "bragging rights" if they topple Georgian?, or to move up an imaginary leader board?..in reality, nobody benefits from this, except the "wgt business"..they reap all the profits. Worse, the Georgian often elicits ridicule, for so generously lining wgt's pockets, and gaining nothing tangible in return, except a lighter wallet...bragging rights?..hardly.

IMHO, this game (like any other) should be a distraction from real life pressures, not an addition to them.

RSS