Forums

Help › Forums

Every Day People CC Weekly Rewards.

Wed, Jul 13 2016 2:09 PM (127 replies)
  • roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 12:46 PM

I'm struggling to communicate with MuthaPutter at the moment, perhaps it would be best if I did it here?

Backwards and downwards perhaps?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 1:17 PM

mmm thats what you used to post on members walls if they didnt use free passes to your wishes, and even Big Arnie himself when players were booted.....nice.

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 1:38 PM

bubbsboy:

mmm thats what you used to post on members walls if they didnt use free passes to your wishes, and even Big Arnie himself when players were booted.....nice.

What? You mean like this one?

Well to be fair, if people don't commit, they probably deserve it ...eventually.

When owners can't commit to supporting their "directors", a much swifter form of justice is sometimes inevitable ;-)

Never mind, onwards and upwards I say...and still looking for that chat.

Roddy

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 2:33 PM

So, this thread has come full circle...accusations of poaching and explanations for the right of adults to choose...Roddy, the most vocal defender and explainer for EDP is now in a CC of one?

Ironic, that Roddy was the one to leave the CC he so fervently (often eloquently) defended.

ct

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 3:07 PM

ct690911:

So, this thread has come full circle...accusations of poaching and explanations for the right of adults to choose...Roddy, the most vocal defender and explainer for EDP is now in a CC of one?

sadly...it seems there are no winners here.

ct

Hey, hi again!!

MP has a dream, sadly I will no longer be a part of helping him achieve it. My regrouping in a club of one to save my paying for putter and shot pal will certainly be a matter of record..

It is true that the most talented of defenders has departed, and it will be interesting to see how the EDPCC fairs without him, but I wish all the members and directors well.

But I find it hard to believe that you struggle to believe that adults have the right to choose. Sadly this is not too far apart from my reason for leaving...where once I saw a lion, now just a ...kitten.

We came apart once before, and I said if it fell apart again, that that would be the end. And indeed it has come to pass. He may have kicked, but I was in the process of jumping ;-)

Any offers from clubs that need some help in managing their players will always be welcome (I have talents in Excel) but to be honest, for the moment at least, I'm happy in the One and Homely

Onwards and upwards

Roddy

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 3:40 PM

"...But I find it hard to believe that you struggle to believe that adults have the right to choose.."

Roddy, I endure no such struggle...I've seen too many body bags with soldiers who fought to protect that right.

In the context of poaching, however, it boils down to showing respect and sportsmanship towards other owners...I think that was the debate played out here...at least that's what I took away from it.

I like your attitude...onwards and upwards...gl to you, sir.

ct

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 4:06 PM

roddy1234:

ct690911:

sadly...it seems there are no winners here.

ct

Hey, hi again!!

MP has a dream

So do i but it doesn`t entail WGT 

It is true that the most talented of defenders has departed, and it will be interesting to see how the EDPCC fairs without him

Canny on the auld trumpet

But I find it hard to believe that you struggle to believe that adults have the right to choose.

When offered cheap balls to leave their clubs..

We came apart once before

So did Ben Turpins pupils

,and I said if it fell apart again, that that would be the end. And indeed it has come to pass. He may have kicked, but I was in the process of jumping ;-)

[shrug shoulders]

Any offers from clubs that need some help in managing their players 

Who are you Jose Mourinho

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 4:08 PM

ct690911:
    In the context of poaching, however, it boils down to showing respect and sportsmanship towards other owners...I think that was the debate played out here...at least that's what I took away from it.

I'm really not sure I agree with you. Seems to me that this place is getting a little stale. All club owners getting a little too comfortable, and expecting their members to be uninforned drones?

What's wrong with being offered Pepsi, when you've been served with a diet of Coke? Or Burger King against MacDonalds or Wendys? 

Coming from a marketing background, the answer is simple. The club owners don't want choice ...and they sure as hell don't want direct marketing. They want their members to focus on one thing; generating ccxp.

You know the stupid thing?

Almost without exception the big ones insist on their members doing 18 holes on their first game of the day. And they struggle and battle to get people to do it.

What they don't realise is, rather than insisting on a lunch break type commitment, so much easier to have a coffee break type commitment. It was always going to be my USP of the One and Homely, but I give it to you free now. Play 9 holes for me every day and I'll live with it. Not rocket science

Get people who want to play, don't ram your demands down their throats.

Thanks for your good wishes, and the above is not directed at you, it is directed at all the owners who have bought into this rather small minded attitude of ownership of members. You don't own squat, you're lucky to be blessed with members who currently value your offering. Stop crying when they leave.

Just a thought

Onwards and upwards

Roddy

RSS