Help › Forums

Leaked

Thu, Apr 6 2017 11:28 AM (61 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 7:57 AM

Thanks Andy.

Just could not resist to add the pic to the WGT frame....LOL

The Eifel tower is 326 meter high and the ground is about 2000 square meters....yup, the proportions are correct ; ).  In order to get the things in the right scale you merge into the file you decide the start units, so when you merge things you do not need to scale & scale all objects.

When scaling the additional pics in photoshop, you can easily make mistakes, the player is too big in my original pic for example. Btw, we use metrical units in the rest of Europe that is why I do not use feets, yards or miles.

WGT is smart, they found a niche which nobody else is using and that is why no other golf game is competing directly with WGT....combining awesome pics with 3D surfaces without the need to use anything else but Flash or any other motion software available in the internet.

Still wondering why no other game company is using a game engine alike WGT and instead, they try with full 3D courses which force the customers to have great graphic cards installed to play the game. 

3D in the gaming industry is about using the lowest polygons possible, so the lower the polygons, the ugliest the game looks but the fastest it runs, simple. Impossible to use high polygons objects with games...obviously. 

Btw, I still believe I am the one using more hours free time making fun tings for WGT...LOL

Regards Andy, Eric

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 8:30 AM

LOLserver:
    Still wondering why no other game company is using a game engine alike WGT

I believe it has to do with this U.S Patent granted to WGT. As you said, "WGT is smart."

And btw, I think 4I with full backspin is plenty of club for the tee shot.  3I is too much club. ;-)

Cheers,

Andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 8:44 AM

andyson:
    And btw, I think 4I with full backspin is plenty of club for the tee shot.  3I is too much club. ;-)

I'll bet Happy Gilmore could do something creative with a shot off that tower.  :-D

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 8:59 AM

andyson:

I think 4I with full backspin is plenty of club for the tee shot.  3I is too much club. ;-)

Cheers,

Andy

Nah, WGT caddy always gives you a longer iron and that is the one given to the avatar in the pic ; ))

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 9:05 AM

andyson:

I believe it has to do with this U.S Patent granted to WGT. As you said, "WGT is smart."

Yikes Andy, where did you find all that stuff???

Psss, without knowing the patent thing I did figure out that something was "unique" ....lol.

Patents are tricky tho and I wouldn't doubt a nerd from somewhere could find a way to use the same idea, lets see.

Eric

EDIT...forgot to add, the par 3 green in my Paris course is HUGE!!!, but well, didn't feel like using more time making a 3 holes shared green.

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2016 1:42 PM

Kalliste:

Maybe they are `mock` pictures.....he has his trusty 60 yard wedge in his hands....even on the tee....when 155 yards to pin!

Just sayin`    lol

Listy

x

well we all know how stupid the wgt caddy is

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2016 4:19 PM

LOLserver! You did some really fine work! 

_CHAMPION

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2016 4:26 PM

The 2nd page of the flowchart used in patent is interesting, look in the 1st box at top...hmmm.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2016 1:58 AM

PaulTon:

The 2nd page of the flowchart used in patent is interesting, look in the 1st box at top...hmmm.

Wow Paul!

Determine one or
    more potential
    locations for a virtual
    object on a terrain
    based on user history

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2016 7:45 AM

WGTChampion:

LOLserver! You did some really fine work! 

_CHAMPION

Wow, thank you Champ, very first time WGT comments on my 3D golf stuff.

3D visualization is an option to HD pictures. Cheap, faster and with the chance to recreate existing iconic golf courses or simply create new unreal and fantastic golf courses as shown in my examples.

As a WGT customer, I would love to see more courses in WGT than getting only one course a year. 3D offers that cheaper & faster option.

petervcpt:

PaulTon:

The 2nd page of the flowchart used in patent is interesting, look in the 1st box at top...hmmm.

Wow Paul!

Determine one or
    more potential
    locations for a virtual
    object on a terrain
    based on user history

There are NO "locations" or "history" in 3D unless you want to recreate a physical place. 3D does not make photographs, 3D makes "renders" surfaces & objects at the same time.

..... just precisely what WGT is doing with those HD pics with 3D surfaces & objects.

Eric

RSS