Help › Forums

Leaked

Thu, Apr 6 2017 11:28 AM (61 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 7:55 AM

WigerToods2010:

Great stuff, Eric.

See you are using Autodesk. Was it the free dowloadable app version?

Windows 10 has basic 3D design software as part of the package for those wishing to dabble for the 1st time.

*Psst.............. I've actually downloaded the topology for the courses/greens used on here in the past.  Unsure if they are still on WGT's servers though :O)

Thanks Johnny m8....long time no see : )))

Nope I got a full license of the Autodesk program + some extra plugins to work with .....and a pc with great specs to make those renders. I do not know the app you'r talking about but I doubt you can work with huge files size other than using a pc with lots of power.

Be welcome to send me a topology of any of those holes m8!!

Eric

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 9:13 AM

LOLserver:
    I do not know the app you'r talking about but I doubt you can work with huge files size other than using a pc with lots of power.

LMAO

Eric,

Trust moi, I'm fully aware of Autodesk's capabilities - have been for years.

The available app is perfect  for use on site, allowing alterations to drawing files direct from a PC via that big cloudsy woudsy in the sky....... tape measures/ pens/ calculators/ paper are all cast aside nowadays. A wee cheap Tablet is all that's required.

Have you ever used SOLIDWORKS?

If I remember correctly I think I uploaded some .jpg files to an old CC on here showing, of all greens, Oakmont #9.  Not a pretty sight. LOL

Hopefully someone from Bridgestone will see this and confirm I never deleted  them - it was prolly about 3 years ago or more.

Not being a member of said CC now I've no idea if the thread still exists. Other than that, the original HD containing the files has since been wiped.

Btw I've never moved - feel free to msg me if you want gubbed again...... pfft

;)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 9:36 AM

LOLserver:
    Thanks Andy, I remember seeing one render of this hole in one of your post, was it you who made it?

Yep, I've done a couple of them.  The latest was here.

I used a photo as the background and overlayed the WGT stuff.  (I got the elevations and yd markers using Google Earth for accuracy.)

LOLserver:

The "forest" is there in the mesh and you can move the camera wherever you go and see the the same forest (just like in reality), if that was your question.

You need to adjust the textures dimensions when looking at close range to things (for example camera close to the green, flag, etc), like forest, plants, grass, etc, but you save it as a new file and can rotate or move the camera within that range to a millimetre.

Yes, that was my question.  I take it then there could be additional work to fix the close range objects if needed in a different camera view.  That makes sense.

I believe TruGolf simulators allow changing the time of day and weather FWIW.

It might be worth WGT's lawyers time to investigate the authorization of Augusta then if in your opinion it is not required.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 9:56 AM

Class, Sir Andy.

:)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 10:05 AM

WigerToods2010:

LOLserver:
    I do not know the app you'r talking about but I doubt you can work with huge files size other than using a pc with lots of power.

LMAO

Eric,

Trust moi, I'm fully aware of Autodesk's capabilities - have been for years.

The available app is perfect  for use on site, allowing alterations to drawing files direct from a PC via that big cloudsy woudsy in the sky....... tape measures/ pens/ calculators/ paper are all cast aside nowadays. A wee cheap Tablet is all that's required.

Have you ever used SOLIDWORKS?

LMAO

I know Solidworks but never really used in reality. See my answer to Andy about the program and stuff I am using. 

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 10:28 AM

andyson:

Yep, I've done a couple of them.  The latest was here.

I used a photo as the background and overlayed the WGT stuff.  (I got the elevations and yd markers using Google Earth for accuracy.)

Yes, that was my question.  I take it then there could be additional work to fix the close range objects if needed in a different camera view.  That makes sense.

I believe TruGolf simulators allow changing the time of day and weather FWIW.

It might be worth WGT's lawyers time to investigate the authorization of Augusta then if in your opinion it is not required.

Here is the thing, since I joined WGT I always wanted to visualize a golf hole ala WGT since you do not need low poly stuff to play WGT, as you need those low poly objects to play any 3D golf game, but you need great photo realistic HD images (renders in our 3D world) to be used with WGT game engine.

Texturing realistic grass, trees and nature has been an issue that stopped me to try to visualize the hole, it did look very "cartoonist" and it took years to render (proxis & stuff) and it would have taken months to visualize a hole course even using render farms and those tens of people as Tiger Woods game creators said they used.

I have been working on this for years (as plain hobby interest) but then suddenly I see that new stuff to make the "nature" models to be rendered pretty fast with very realistic looking and then I tried with this hole 12 at Augusta and got surprised with the result.

So the work that it might have taken months to create and "render" those tens of thousands of pics (can't remember the amount) per hole WGT always talks about, a couple of years ago, now it can be done much faster, some weeks probably, well, no more bla, bla, bla....boring 3D stuff lol.

WGT does not need Augusta to offer their costumers new awesome holes or courses I think, although t would be cool to have Augusta in the project : ))), but WGT could certainly offer much more new holes & new courses at a very cheap cost...yup by using 3D visualization instead of helicopters, drones, photographers, travelling, accommodation, &.........waiting for a sunny day!!! LOL ; )))

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 10:31 AM

WigerToods2010:

Class, Sir Andy.

:)

Very nice Andy : )))

Eric

• Chettster
    10 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 10:41 AM

And what do you know about Pine Valley, Cypress Point or The Los Angeles Country Club?  I would guess nothing.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 11:40 AM

Chettster:

And what do you know about Pine Valley, Cypress Point or The Los Angeles Country Club?  I would guess nothing.

...and here's the Grinch.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 11:44 AM

Chettster:

I think you'll be surprised.

No offense intended sir, but are you a muppet?

RSS