Forums

Help › Forums

A $45 driver? Really?

Thu, Sep 17 2015 3:24 AM (41 replies)
  • CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 5:30 PM

Admittedly I hadn't been in the 'pro shop' in awhile... I've played the same clubs for a couple of years and I'm happy with them.  I did just move up to level 103, and I saw it gave me the opportunity to buy a new driver for $44.95.  Are you kidding me? Wow.... other than the top 1% who win everything, or people who just plain have too much money, who would buy this?  Average distance is 289... mine is 285, although it's more like 300.  What does this club do that makes it worth $45?   

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 5:34 PM

I posted a negative review for that driver but surprise it didn't get through the mods.

I find im missing 50% more dings with that compared to the previous oban which was prob the best driver ive had. I wish I didn't upgrade.

also the distances are probably the same in flat wind conditions but when it gets to mod/heavy its far shorter in distance than my previous driver.

so its not worth the pricetag in my op.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 5:56 PM

45 dollars for a virtual toy is insane. When will the greed stop? Only when the fools stop falling for the gimmicks.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:12 PM

Many have praised it, some feel neutral, others say "pass". The most common concern is the 4.5 meter speed which is out of concert with all the other clubs most all L103 players use. But if there are a bunch of excess credits in one's account, heck why not have it ? The only reason I never will want it, is the 4.5 meter  ~ SP ~

• tjos
    231 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:41 PM

CMcCartney727:
    Are you kidding me? Wow.... other than the top 1% who win everything, or people who just plain have too much money, who would buy this?  Average distance is 289... mine is 285, although it's

This isn't a slam CMcC727  but you pay $5.50 for 3 Nike balls.  

I pay $3.00 for L45 Callaways and with that new club I can on a lot of occasions outdrive the Nike balls and the club has saved me a lot of money as a result in that I don't have to buy long distance balls to hang in there with the gents that can afford the expensive ones.  

At my senior age I can ding the club more often which is a bonus.  For me it can make a big difference in getting a little closer for a wedge shot instead of using an iron.  

Just my look at it.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 7:50 PM

SweetiePie:
    The only reason I never will want it, is the 4.5 meter  ~ SP ~

Surprisingly the 4.5 vs 3.5 meter speed isn't all that noticeable to me, although I haven't been playing enough to really know as of late.  But I did get the new driver thanks to the earn free credits area. 

And I've been hitting the free credits area more lately than playing.  Way more effort than I ever did just trying to get yellow callaways too.  LOL

If they ever add yellow Nikes, then I'll won't have to worry about credits for a long while.  It's been the only thing that interests me lately, earn free credits that is.  :-)  

Can't remember the last time I had more than 2 consecutive days played tbh.  After all, there isn't anything to strive for at a higher level.  

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 8:31 PM

hpurey:

Can't remember the last time I had more than 2 consecutive days played tbh.  After all, there isn't anything to strive for at a higher level.  

Well, many long time players are faced with this anti-climatic position. Goals, and reaching them, are necessary enhancements that help bond one to even longer play and enjoyment. As for you '0 Yellow One', heck you are already special in skill, famous for charactor, well known, popular....uh, good lookin' (right ?) what is left ?  ~SP~

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 4:30 AM

SweetiePie:
    .uh, good lookin' (right ?) what is left ?  ~SP~

Uh,,,,  a blind friend once told me so.  LOL   

As to what's left,  just having fun or trying to. I've just been too busy to get out there and play WGT with friends.  That there is probably why I'm losing more interest in the game than anything else.  

BTW,   I just hit 3 days played and one of those days were the CTTH best of putting where I just grip and ripped each shot.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 4:48 AM

BTW: The shortest CDP saving game is one hole practice...

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 6:06 AM

Never spent a penny on this site if you buy the credits with real money , then your insane :P

RSS