A $45 driver? Really?

Thu, Sep 17 2015 3:24 AM (41 replies)
  • Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2015 8:49 AM

WoodenHands:

alanti:

Joshnosh:
    wrong check out my scores ive made over 10k in profit and i suck!

Under which account?

I agree 30/60 generally will just get your money back, or make a very small profit at best

Lol, priceless

i dont get it?

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2015 9:25 AM

Yep +1 I bought the limited edition L99+ because I had the credits . I already had the L93+ limited edition from the first release . I`m not impressed with it . In fact the L93+ is a better driver in my opinion . The meter is no big deal to get used too but it comes up short in headwinds and its no game changer . If I had had a chance to try it first through a free rental never would of bought it .

Maybe they will put the new driver from Big Bertha in the shop in a couple of months and hopefully i will perform better than the R1 . If you havent bought it then dont its a waste of credits .

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 1:12 PM

hpurey:

SweetiePie:
    what is left ?  ~SP~

As to what's left,  just having fun or trying to. I've just been too busy to get out there and play WGT with friends.  That there is probably why I'm losing more interest in the game than anything else.  

Well, as much as I tried to convince myself that the 4.5 meter wasn't a big deal, it's been urking me a bit last few rounds.  So, to try and add some new WGT fun, I've gone and bought the L100 Nike driver.  

Have played it in real life for the last month or so, on loan from a buddy that wants to sell it, not that I needed another driver in real life, LOL  just like here I guess.

But turns out I like it  so I bought one here to be able to play the same driver both for real and virtually.  Just wish the Nike Rzn whites here had the yellow option.  That would add to what I've been playing in real golf  to WGT for me.  ;-)

As for the topic of this thread, yes stupid expensive but I've had a good run over the past month or so in the "earn free credits" section.  

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 2:44 PM

hpurey:

Well, as much as I tried to convince myself that the 4.5 meter wasn't a big deal, it's been urking me a bit last few rounds.  So, to try and add some new WGT fun, I've gone and bought the L100 Nike driver.  

But turns out I like it  so I bought one here to be able to play the same driver both for real and virtually.  Just wish the Nike Rzn whites here had the yellow option.  That would add to what I've been playing in real golf  to WGT for me.  ;-)

How do you find it? Better than the 4.5 meter one?

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 3:07 PM

I also use the Nike L100 driver...my driving percentage is over 90% accuracy, but I still putt like Stevie Wonder....it's a fabulous driver.... just wish I could putt with it.

ct

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 3:23 PM

WoodenHands:

hpurey:

How do you find it? Better than the 4.5 meter one?

Well, I made the impulse buy at work today and just toyed around with it for a bit.

When playing it along with the 289 yd R1, neither really out performed the other one.  Both out drove the other depending on landing spot, but I did ding the Nike more and I'd say due to the matching meter speed of the rest of my clubs(putter excluded).

The 4.5 meter was really hard to notice the slower speed for me, but after the side by side testing today, I could see it more just in ding-ability for me on the Nike.

Final decision, I'd have to say the Nike wins solely on the meter speed and price tag.  If I take it one step further, the L96 Big Bertha played just the same as the Nike does for me and at 200 credits cheaper than the Nike.  

If I wasn't such a club junkie, I would have just stayed with the Bertha, heck for that matter, I would have stayed with the L93 R1 or even the R11(s) before that lol.  

For now, I'll game the L100 Nike just because it's in my real life bag currently, and for me, that adds another level of fun.  

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 3:51 PM

Thanks hpurey, I'd originally wanted to buy the 289 yard R1, but after hearing stories of hitting early and not being much better than the 287 yard RI, I decided against it. Then was going to buy the Nike, but I'm convinced that if I do there'll be a bigger, better driver gets released really soon and I'll end up kicking myself.

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 4:03 PM

"there'll be a bigger, better driver gets released really soon and I'll end up kicking myself."

...oh, I'm fairly certain there will be a bigger, better driver in the pro shop soon...I just hope they use one of these updates to address all the glitches and disconnects, so you can actually enjoy using the damn thing.

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 4:21 PM

ct690911:

"there'll be a bigger, better driver gets released really soon and I'll end up kicking myself."

...oh, I'm fairly certain there will be a bigger, better driver in the pro shop soon...I just hope they use one of these updates to address all the glitches and disconnects, so you can actually enjoy using the damn thing.

Lol, good point.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 6:05 PM

WoodenHands:
    was going to buy the Nike, but I'm convinced that if I do there'll be a bigger, better driver gets released really soon and I'll end up kicking myself.

Me too,  and I'm expecting it to be the newer Nike driver, and I'm sure it will be better (on paper) than any other driver since Nike seems to trump all other brands here.

For me, I bought the L100 since I have it IRL currently and would be my luck for them to straight out replace the L100 with the new one.   Currently playing Ping G20 irons and wish I had them here as well for fun, but didn't get them until after the G25 (graphics) knocked out the G20's here LOL.

RSS