Help › Forums

A $45 driver? Really?

Thu, Sep 17 2015 3:24 AM (41 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2015 10:41 AM

hpurey:
    For me, I bought the L100 since I have it IRL

quick update,  Happy with the L100 Nike driver.   The few yards you may get extra from the 289yd R1 isn't worth the meter speed change from tee box to next shot with clubs at 3.5 meter speed.

That 4.5 doesn't seem like a big deal when I'm hitting the drive, but man, catch one good with a nice tailwind and leave your self a good distance to stick it close on the approach and the difference between 4.5 down to the 3.5 metered irons and the shot can go anywhere lol.

I'd sell the R1 back if I wouldn't take such a big credit loss.  Guess I'll just keep it since it's the limited edition one.  Maybe well get the Vapor speed driver as a replacement to the Covert 2.0 with the expected 3.5 meter speed?   

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2015 3:24 AM

tjos:

CMcCartney727:
    Are you kidding me? Wow.... other than the top 1% who win everything, or people who just plain have too much money, who would buy this?  Average distance is 289... mine is 285, although it's

This isn't a slam CMcC727  but you pay $5.50 for 3 Nike balls.  

I pay $3.00 for L45 Callaways and with that new club I can on a lot of occasions outdrive the Nike balls and the club has saved me a lot of money as a result in that I don't have to buy long distance balls to hang in there with the gents that can afford the expensive ones.  

At my senior age I can ding the club more often which is a bonus.  For me it can make a big difference in getting a little closer for a wedge shot instead of using an iron.  

Just my look at it.

+1

RSS