Forums

Help › Forums

Champion tier.

Fri, Jan 8 2016 8:18 PM (238 replies)
  • FarFoo
    2,917 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 1:56 PM

I don't get this red tee dispute.

WGT doesn't understand its own game well enough to make tiers worth anything.
    WGT was told the new tier would have very little value if it just added it and used averages, but they did that anyway.
    Should be annoyed at WGT not the players who choose to take the easy routes.

In fact this is what I told the guys at Transgressional the other day, which applies to tiers just as much as averages.

FarFoo:
    I said same thing to somebody else today.

The top players at wgt know who the top players at wgt are.

Personally, i never paid any to attention to avg, apart from when i realised it affected who I was competing against in a cc vs cc match, and i wanted to play better players than i got . Avg is no indicator of ability on wgt, and has not been for some years.
    So if guys want to play some rounds from easy T's, I have no problem with that , whether its to get avg down or not.
    Personally, It's refreshing to play the odd game from there just to have some interesting/different shots.

And no , we do not do clashes lol

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:18 PM

ct690911:

agreed...but to my point, a player knows what the proper tees are. A legend knows he/she is supposed to play from the back tips...that's why I said it is up to the individual player. If a high ranking player decides to play from the red tees, I'm not sure you can blame the owner...especially of a CC with a large membership. That said, I don't know what kind of visibility is readily available about what a given player is up to.

CC tourneys shouldn't count towards your average unless you're playing from the tee that represents your tier.......I personally don't want to get my average down by playing from the cheap seats and that was going on far too often in the CC i "was" in...........each to their own when it comes to what their average represents

Greg.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:38 PM

SafariMan62:

Yes congrats!,

However, by default most tour legends will be champions soon enough if they are willing to sit in front of the computer all day!  That's the WGT plan, and naturally you will have to buy ANY new ball or equipment that comes available to keep up with the other champions.

Me, I'll stick with the starter stuff and save some cash.

Have a good day,

Johnny

You've been on here 5 years...haven't spent a dime (all starter kit), don't belong to a CC, and have zero friends...none...you sure know how to get the most out of an interactive hobby based in a social environment...lol

ps..do you spring the extra 10 cents to get cheese on a burger?, or is that just for us suckers?

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:51 PM

The vast majority of us know who the very top players are on this site...regardless of tier or average. Most of the champion tier are very good players...no denying it...but I would pit Poldimaier, or Mags, or WOL, or MrQueez, or FOYW,  head to head against the top two or three players on the "published" list, ten times out of ten.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 4:34 PM

Hi SafariMan

I think most of the champion players have a few credit in their pocket!!     Or a huge amount

of credit, lol :-)

Peter

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 2:35 AM

CrustyDemon1:
    my opinion is simple...anyone can play this game the way they themselves feel most comfortable and get the most enjoyment. As long as it's within the rules, then what the hell skin is it off anyone else's nose?

Nice opinion :)

-Roger

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:11 AM

mantis0014:

CrustyDemon1:
    my opinion is simple...anyone can play this game the way they themselves feel most comfortable and get the most enjoyment. As long as it's within the rules, then what the hell skin is it off anyone else's nose?

Nice opinion :)

-Roger

One concurs. :)

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:17 AM

+3!

• MTBR
    182 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 9:55 AM

how do i stop getting replies "after" i checked the box to get replies?

RSS