Forums

Help › Forums

Information about release 7/30/2015

Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:16 PM (142 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 11:16 PM

It's true the new tiers are meaningless if red tees are in play, so the average thing is small potatoes and no worry at all...it's the friggin' game play that's bonkers now, the details of which have been pointed out here and in various other threads.

The two most annoying new "features" are the removal of the fairway-to-green view on approaches and the stuttering putts.  Another one I just noticed is that no matter which club you select off the tee, driver is shown until you start the actual swing.

It's really baffling to me that every update adds new bugs while introducing features that, for the most part, no one has requested.

Maybe it's gremlins, phase of the moon, a cranial/rectal inversion epidemic...who knows.

• colinpop
    1,201 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 11:35 PM

Here! Here! FatDan. I whole heartedly agree.

Getting really Pxxxxx off with these screw ups after every maintenance. Lift your bloody game WGT, we pay U enough!!

Col

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:12 AM

It's just enough to cause CC members to create pitch and putts.....(if allowed).

I don't get it.....I can't get any one off the short tees and low wind it seems.

Random games invite night mare day dreams and......well....You know......

Friends don't care to try any more and that is the barometer of what is happening as of late.

That is the worst thing that can happen.

~txzdave~

• Frazierace
    3 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:41 AM

I have never seen it this bad, they need to back set the servers to 3 days ago.  It every area, the graphic speed and meter.  I also lost my consecutive game streak, taken away. .. May just put wgt down for awhile and try It in a few months. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:59 AM

mantis0014:

With the utmost respect to everybody,  but I cannot understand why most people are complaining about average changes.

Have we all forgot what it was like before our average stopped going up and down like a yo-yo.

I say the higher average you have the better before you get promoted to a higher tier.  I'm looking forward to be promoted,  not saying I will get down to the whatever average needed,  it be some good damn fun trying    lol

-Roger

I'm with Roger here...only thing I'd add, is I sure wish WGT would give us real averages..pizzer is they had it in their grasp, but let it s;ip away//////

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 1:04 AM

WGTShamWow:

Yes, you would need to play an additional 200 ranked rounds. We are investigating the moving averages for TL's but no news yet.

All the Best,

WGTShamWow 

Thanks for the info, I think that's all most of us want, to be updated on what's going on.

Again thanks

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 4:10 AM

WGTShamWow:

Hi All,

Regarding the move in average that some TL have seen. Since there was no higher tier to move up to, there was a different calculation to your average. Now that there is a new tier to move up to, the calculation has changed which may have caused a higher average for some players. This change to average became visible after the next ranked round was played. Hope this helps explain things and will put this info in the first post as well.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

Rubbish!   There is only one way to calculate the "average" of a set of numbers. One adds them up, and then divides by how many numbers there are!  In WGT there is the slight twist, that only the 500 best scores as Tour Legend are used for the calculation of your WGT average.

OK - so I will allow that this could be varied by WGT. Not the calculation of the average - but the number of scores used.

Let's say that WGT decided that the best 700 scores would now be used - now this would cause a lot of averages to go up because some higher scores are now being included that were previously being discarded.

This would be a handy explanation - but sadly this is not true either!

I only had 333 ranked rounds as a TL. So my average was "UNSATURATED". ie. There were NO SCORES BEING DISCARDED!!!!  How can my average possibly have gone up??

The fact that Unsaturated average also went up tells me this is BS!

I don't care what my average is - but I care that it is correct.

The Hakman.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 4:57 AM

I thought he said in a post that the raise of avg now was a mistake. Now he is saying because of the new tiers the avg is figured differently ,so it affected the players after their first game after the update.

This raise in your avg only happened after you reached the new tier, so are we to expect another avg raising once a player reaches the new tier?

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 5:03 AM

I have over 1460 ranked rounds as a Tour Legend.  You are saying an additional 200 rounds,  think about what you said.  A Tour Legend that just now saturated has the same amount of 200 games to play.  I spent lots of $ with my additional play and yet I still need another 200 rounds and WGT will give me 250 credits........  Now how does that make any sense at all.  Some of us have spent hundreds and you take it away.  I would dare say I have went through 30 sleeves or more with the extra play and you give me 250 credits.  This is nothing but legal theft,  not a happy camper.

This thing should have been pro rated based on the amount of ranked rounds played.  Much easier for you to just take the money and run I guess.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 5:54 AM

I'm a little surprised that so many people are annoyed that one fake number is replacing another fake number.

RSS