Forums

Help › Forums

WINDOWS 10 Update

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 4 2015 6:52 AM (26 replies)
  • rdp63
    845 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:27 PM

I've updated to Win 10 and had to work out some bugs like NO Sound, No Video and when playing multi player games trying to chat would not work to well because my space bar wasn't working.. I've tried the new Edge Browser, IE and Chrome, (Chrome did work but I don't like chrome and it was a bit jerky here and there)  I'm now trying Fire Fox to see how it works. If i can't get Win 10 to work right playing my golf, I will go back to Win7 because I've found there is nothing I need in the upgrade and Win 7 is excellent.

I downloaded the MAXTHON web browser, its got a built in ad blocker.. I now have the smoothest swing meter I've ever had, and the game views are fast. I will be using it to play from now on.  Very nice browser for everything else too.

• robertwalters
    68 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 1:16 PM

blindpugh:

I updated yesterday...but after a day of misery ,reverted back to windows 7.

Unless you want gizmos and really struggle to find your way around then dont do it.

I reverted back to window 7 the same night

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 1:54 PM

I uploaded windows 10. It made everything faster, except WGT. "Edge" would not load WGT properly, could not get all necessary wgt info. Every other browser gave me impossible meters, poor loading, stuttering at it's worst, made the game impossible to play. I could do everything else, just not play. 

Recovered windows 7, and will stay there until I am forced to change or the bugs are out of 10.

10 was a non-stop horror story. Anybody not have any trouble?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 4:07 PM

Little tidbit about Windows 10 updates. Sneaky and not safe.

http://www.ricksdailytips.com/disable-distributed-updates/

• rdp63
    845 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 8:58 AM

jayw4862:

Little tidbit about Windows 10 updates. Sneaky and not safe.

http://www.ricksdailytips.com/disable-distributed-updates/

Thats a really good tip, something i didn't know, thanks for sharing it.

• MacinTex
    25 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 6:52 AM

With Windows 10, so far the only trouble I've had is with WGT.  The meter is so jerky, it's terrible to play.  Every other app I have works well, in fact better than Windows 7.  So i'm sticking with 10 and will just play practice rounds till its resolved.   

RSS