Forums

Help › Forums

Unusual meter problem

Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:07 PM (22 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 1 2011 4:12 PM

LOL-It might help if the OP would give us a clue about what's going on.

• Beeray
    126 Posts
    Sat, Jan 1 2011 4:52 PM

Another possibility is that u need to try downloading Mozilla Firefox as it is more compatible than Internet Explorer I have found.  My meter was skipping etc and has improved immensely since running WGT with Firefox.

Beeray

• UberElvis
    15 Posts
    Sat, Jan 1 2011 10:40 PM

Have you checked that it's not a problem with the mouse itself - as in a worn out left mouse button? Try reversing your mouse button config like a Leftie would use and see if the right button does the same.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jan 1 2011 10:48 PM

You should really clear your caches before each session, it's really easy and is explained on this link.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Jan 1 2011 11:20 PM

piztaker:

You should really clear your caches before each session, it's really easy and is explained on this link.

Sorry, but it does not say that at all, on the contrary:

"Please note that your cache should not be cleared too often, as the game depends on large files cached to your browser, and having to download them frequently will slow down performance."

WGT say that you should clear your cache if you are experiencing errors because those errors might be because they have updated the game and you have old stuff in your cache that is used instead of the new stuff they expect to be used.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2011 12:11 AM

Tightrope:

piztaker:

Sorry, but it does not say that at all

I never said it did. But I find it helps. The instructions on how to do it are there.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2011 8:03 AM

UberElvis:
    Have you checked that it's not a problem with the mouse itself - as in a worn out left mouse button? Try reversing your mouse button config like a Leftie would use and see if the right button does the same.

Good point, UE. On those lines, in the mouse settings there is a sensitivity adjustment. It would be unusual if this had to be changed but it's easy to do and you never know.  :-)

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2011 8:36 AM

the meter problem seem too affect a  lot of us now.ive  tryed firefox etc and doesnt  make that  much difference or clearing cache.obviously its wgt  error .surely with all the addverts,people  buying  equipment .etc all the   money can do something too rectify this major  problem.   a  lot of  people pay  for this free game.lol  @ free , and spend a  lot of  money ,surely    WGT can sort  this  out for the Paying  Customers.

what would  you do if you  had a faulty  Item over xmas would  u  take it  back too the shop  for a refund  or  just keep  useing it knowing it  isnt  functioning  properly?

best wishes happy new yr  . 

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 5:25 AM

Your very very welcome sis. and thank you fellas , You have provided the best replies we have had yet. One thing that we have found out is that if we play without using Skype voice chat on, then her meter works normally most of the time. So it would seem that the Skype program uses up a considerable amount of her Ram memory, which is already small, leaving her little for her meter to work with. I too am only somewhat computer literate and your the help that I receive here has been invaluable. So if my information re: Skype helps anyone else then I am glad to have contributed to solving anyone else's meter issues. 

• pippss
    4 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 5:45 AM

Sounds like somthing is running  in the background (virus / adware) , sucking up resources ram/paging file/cpu, I have seen quad core cpu w/8 gig of ram run like an old 486 with 4 megs of ram while under the control of a nasty bug,Only fix is a reinstall of OS

If you in the past had no issues and now you do  this is prob your issue.

Unless somone at home is on another puter downloading movies/tunes at the same time , while playing the game give it the whole bandwidth you have.

RSS