Forums

Help › Forums

PGA Championship 2015

Thu, Aug 20 2015 2:27 AM (139 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 2:14 PM

Haha Eric ... yeah Dustin ... 

These are the kinda winds they should have had at the Open ... in the 20's so they could still play but it would be difficult. I think Dustin had the advantage of a virtually windless early tee time. They're struggling out there right now...

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 2:48 PM

donsprintr:

Haha Eric ... yeah Dustin ... 

These are the kinda winds they should have had at the Open ... in the 20's so they could still play but it would be difficult. I think Dustin had the advantage of a virtually windless early tee time. They're struggling out there right now...

Lucky little basta..rd : ))), it was the same for him at The Open, quiet & nice in his first round too  ; )).

Lets see how it is tomorrow, hope fair winds for everyone.

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 5:16 PM

"I'm happy to be in under par." -@JordanSpieth on his play in today's windy conditions 

Rory: I was pretty nervous on the first tee.

I love to watch Phil Mickelson play golf. It's just fun.

"A really solid round and I'm really happy with how I fought through that windy day." -David Lingmerth #PGAChamp 

It's such a pleasure watching Rory swing the club & Jordan navigate his way around a course. The next two decades are gonna be incredible.

D. Johnson taking the early lead with a Swede right at his neck and Jason Day not far behind. 

More updates tomorrow morning : ))))....night!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 3:32 AM

Old anecdote from Gary Player. When he teed it up at St. Andrews for his first Open championship, he hooked the ball so far left that only a marker saved him from going out of bounds.

The starter asked him, "What's your handicap laddie?" Player responded, "I don't have a handicap, I'm a pro." The starter replied, "Well you must be a hell of a chipper and a putter!"

The winner this week will certainly have to be a hell of a chipper and a putter, as they are going to be hitting plenty of recovery shots from some of the most diabolical places. 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 11:50 AM

Much nicer conditions today and probably for the rest of the day : )))

Spieth is back in the leaderboard and again, with good chances to get his 3th Major in 2015.

I expect D. Johnson to get a good score today & perhaps finish today in the 36 hole lead (ty Don).

A 63 from H. Iwata made the historic list of 63's low scores in Majors

Lingmerth is at the moment in the lead with -7...looking good my fellow Swede, hope you can keep on playing great golf for the next 2 days.

McIlroy not doing good enough to chase the leaders despite he feels he is hitting the ball nicely.

Coetzee with his 65 is also in contention for tomorrow.

I am watching Tiger........ops, the man is gone, really gone, sad indeed.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 3:44 PM

Play suspended at approximately 5:28 p.m. local time due to bad weather moving in ... they stopped it before it starts raining, with lightning due right behind ...

Jason Day and Matt Jones tied for the lead at -9 

Justin Rose in solo 3rd at -8 

Spieth is tied for 7th at -6

DJ has faded to -5 which leaves him tied for 12th at the moment

And Rory will make the cut at -2 which is exceptionally good news after his ankle injury ... he appears to be playing with no problems and feels he is hitting the ball well. 

Edit: A little later ... play will resume tomorrow morning, 7a.m. local time I think they said. They expect to have the second round finished by 8:30 a.m. , make the cut, and start 3rd round play ...

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 4:45 AM

PROVISIONAL LEADERBOARD

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 4:57 AM

Dustin Johnson

@DJohnsonPGA

Getting back on track before the restart! #PGAChamp 

GAME RESTARTED!!!

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 6:20 AM

Wow, watching live the last holes of round 2!!...though it was a replay from yesterday!!!...lol

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 7:31 AM

TNT is showing 3th round LIVE now....3th day just started : )))

I'm afraid to get sick of watching golf so many hours today!!!...LOL

Aussies in the front!!!!...stop them!

Eric

RSS