Forums

Help › Forums

Getting METERED more often lately??

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 23 2015 6:02 PM (25 replies)
  • TheMonkyJack
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 9:13 AM

I was frustrated with the latest Update from Adobe for Flash (18...203). I could not hit a shot without getting metered.  I had to refresh practically after every shot to settle the meter down

Until i heard this word - and WGT isn't gonna like this but the word is:

MAXTHON

And that's all I am gonna say.

GL HF 

KZ

• Andrew1971
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2015 2:13 PM

Why wouldn't they like that word?

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2015 2:21 PM

Never have meter issues, could it be your pc ?

are you using full screen ?

I play full screen, normal screen is one big bouncy bouncy.

when I use maxthon my cpu is on 3-5 % 

Hope you get it fixed

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2015 2:39 PM

Other than IE all of the browsers work just fine if they are set up right and you have done what it takes to set up your pc for gameplay....it's all about which one you like.

I think Scott Hope has a tutorial somewhere on what to do...not to mention a search on it brings up like a 1000 threads....

when my meter starts stuttering I turn of the AV and it stops...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2015 2:46 PM

TheMonkyJack:

Until i heard this word - and WGT isn't gonna like this but the word is:

MAXTHON

And that's all I am gonna say.

LMAO Wut? You haven't discovered some hidden secret there bud.

Maxthon is the browser of choice for a huge number of players. 

I've been using it for nearly 4 years. Because of advice given openly in this WGT forum.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 11:10 AM

TheMonkyJack:

Getting METERED more often lately??

No.

I use Google Chrome.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 11:55 AM

fatdan:
    Other than IE all of the browsers work just fine if they are set up right and you have done what it takes to set up your pc for gameplay....it's all about which one you like.

I play exclusively with IE and honestly cannot remember the last time I've had meter issues of any kind. And the only thing I do is run a system clean every week or two ( or twelve).

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 12:20 PM

used all the browsers Maxthon is probaly the best browser  just like Heineken is probaly the best Lager,  its the only browser you can type in as you play without haveing to exit the full screen  and thats not a probable its a fact :- 

Dave

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 4:44 PM

I'm using Maxthon and the meter sucks...just not as bad as all the other browsers I've tried.

I don't understand why my old system with XP and IE 8 had a meter as smooth as a baby's butt but upgrading to W7 64 bit has reduced me to a crappy, jackrabbity meter...no matter WHAT browser I use.

It's not my internet connection...that hasn't changed in 10 years...and played smooth as silk with XP and IE 8.

Maybe you know some Maxthon magic that I don't...settings and such? Cuz otherwise it's barely better than all the others I've tried...and I've tried many.

Maxthon "full screen" looks like crap, BTW, and I can't use it.

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 1:26 AM

I used Comodo Dragon for a long while and had no real meter problems. especially once I had used the forums here and set my computer up as best I could, this includes going into the game options on the Game Client screen and altering some settings in there. I believe there is a post somewhere about that too! I also used Firefox on the rare occasions Comodo played up. 

I would also add that the browser I use for WGT Is kept exclusive to WGT. I use it for nothing else at all, whether this makes any difference I don't know, but this was a tip I was given a long while ago, and I have stuck by it. There's plenty of other browsers you can use for your everyday stuff after all !

However when I upgraded to a new computer with Windows 7 64 bit and superfast broadband, I decided to try out Maxthon. I have been using this for a couple of months or so now and I can safely say I support what all the others have said about the smooth meter. No more stuttering meter and all that stuff. All my bad shots are entirely my fault, can't blame the meter. Full screen is fine too !!

Try Maxthon and you may be very surprised by the results. 

These are just my views, but have given me reasonable results for a long while now 

P.S. I would also say that you have to find a browser that works best for your own set up. 

RSS