Forums

Help › Forums

Getting METERED more often lately??

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 23 2015 6:02 PM (25 replies)
  • daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 2:27 AM

l would not disagree with anything said above l use a Toshiba Satellite laptop for this game, and l honestly think you have to find a suitable fit between browser and the kind of PC/Laptop you use

Maxthon is modeled on Internet Explorer its like a F1 slim faster version without all the fussy  ad ons, would like to here Scott or  Andysons opinion here though

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 2:38 AM

viciii3:

I'm using Maxthon and the meter sucks...just not as bad as all the other browsers I've tried.

I don't understand why my old system with XP and IE 8 had a meter as smooth as a baby's butt but upgrading to W7 64 bit has reduced me to a crappy, jackrabbity meter...no matter WHAT browser I use.

It's not my internet connection...that hasn't changed in 10 years...and played smooth as silk with XP and IE 8.

Maybe you know some Maxthon magic that I don't...settings and such? Cuz otherwise it's barely better than all the others I've tried...and I've tried many.

Maxthon "full screen" looks like crap, BTW, and I can't use it.

Find your graphic settings and if they are not  already set to best performance which I seriously doubt then change them to best performance. Doing this one simple thing will improve the performance of your meter drastically. 

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 5:43 AM

daveparr:
    Maxthon is modeled on Internet Explorer its like a F1 slim faster version without all the fussy  ad ons, would like to here Scott or  Andysons opinion here though

Computers confuse me just as much as the next man. I've just made a table for Paul to lay out his results for a competition he's got going on in his club and it looks different to both of us in the same browser.  : \
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 6:31 AM

daveparr:
    l would not disagree with anything said above l use a Toshiba Satellite laptop for this game, and l honestly think you have to find a suitable fit between browser and the kind of PC/Laptop you use

I've only played this game on a TS and since the beginning, the key for me has always been to have a dedicated browser. It started out with Iron and evolved to Comodo Dragon.

What I found most useful was to not let Flash update. Those updates play hell with the game initially until stuff gets ironed out. I've had to reinstall CD a couple of time (in TS replacements) and I always have to get rid of the Flash version that comes with the DL and reinstall the one I know works best for me.

As an aside, I play a lot of AS with many different players and whenever I run into someone that's having meter difficulties the first question I ask is if they have the main page open. Invariably they do. Upon closing it their issues subside substantially. WGT should have a banner in the Game Client that says "close the main page!"

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 7:36 AM

@ OP,

I'm afraid there's no magic answer for you ;).  If you ask 10 different people you'll probably get at least 5 different answere to which is the best browser.  I.E., Maxthon, strangely enough gives me one of the worst meters possible, as does Comodo.

The browsers that work best for me are FireFox and Safari.  I do agree however with Jim that playing with only the game client window open is the best choice, as is disabling and or deleting every non essential add-on tool within your dedicated browser of choice.

Good luck!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 7:56 AM

11BC2:
    playing with only the game client window open is the best choice, as is disabling and or deleting every non essential add-on tool within your dedicated browser of choice.

This gets missed by a lot. I can't even navigate from my golf browser because every plugin is disabled in the browser as are all extensions except Flash and AdBlock. All cookies are blocked with WGT set as an exception and no permissions are allowed by any other source.

LOL, your basic lockdown browser.  ;-)

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:24 AM

I'd also add that it helps to have your power plan settings PINNED to a single Mhz in your Graphics card settings.  I.e., I use High Performance setting and in my AMD Catalyst Control Cetner > Performance > CPU Power > I've pinned my CPU Processor speed to 3000MHz.

This means my machine will always have a constant and repeatable meter.  Settings such as balanced might run off of 1500 - 3500 MHz which will drastically change the speed and performance of your Meter (not to mention the speed and flow of the dots).  Likewise, you can always download things like RazerGameBooser, etc, etc and fine tune power settings even more.  Experiment and see what works best for you.

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 11:32 AM

borntobesting:

Find your graphic settings and if they are not  already set to best performance which I seriously doubt then change them to best performance. Doing this one simple thing will improve the performance of your meter drastically. 

Do you refer to graphics in the game client screen, or to my GPU settings? I have the Geforce GTX 260 GPU (admittedly older but worked excellent with XP and IE 8 playing WGT).

My 3D settings are set to highest quality. The Nvidia Control Panel has options for different programs...has anybody used the control center to set things for Maxthon?

My Maxthon is listed as "Maxthon Cloud Browser"? V4.4.5.3000. I downloaded and installed v 3.5.2.1000?? Did it auto update on me? If so...how do I stop it from doing that?

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 12:25 PM

I use IE and have had some issues before, but this time it's weird. I only have problems when I play Chambers Bay, all else is OK. The last 2 weeks were unplayable.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 12:36 PM

fatdan:
    Other than IE

What is this IE you speak of?

11BC2:

@ OP,

I'm afraid there's no magic answer for you ;).  If you ask 10 different people you'll probably get at least 5 different answere to which is the best browser.  I.E., Maxthon, strangely enough gives me one of the worst meters possible, as does Comodo.

The browsers that work best for me are FireFox and Safari.  I do agree however with Jim that playing with only the game client window open is the best choice, as is disabling and or deleting every non essential add-on tool within your dedicated browser of choice.

Seem to know quite a bit for a newbie. Oh, wait....geezus!!! Another PRODIGY.
    Here's some advice....when not playing on your original account, stay out of the forums, and under the radar. Stop winning difficult RG's whilst having only 175 or so rounds played in less than 3 months of playing. You ain't foolin' nobody...well, evidently you've fooled WGT, so far.
RSS