• russellie
    668 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 2:03 AM

I agree in fact a monkey did apply for a senior post to sort out the bugs, 

He didn't get it as he was OVER QUALIFIED

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 2:31 AM

I logged on to respond to a couple of PM's and had a quick glance at the forum.

Whilst I agree with Alosso that Sham posted a great post, why the f.uck should the end user have to always use workarounds to play the game. We are  (well I was) the ones paying to play the game (either through the offers or opening our wallets).

NOTHING should be released without fully testing every aspect of a new release - if that cannot be done you lose credibility and along with it paying customers.

I have not played for a month nor intend to play until I feel the incessant bugs that plague the game are addressed.

This was once a GREAT game, but either the current programming staff are total retards or simply incompetent and would not be employed by any reputable company judging by their performance.

Perhaps it is simply spreading your resources too thinly (as the problems escalated after the mobile apps were developed) but this company needs to rethink what once made it a great game before it is too late.

YankeeJim:
    I don't know what's more embarrassing-WGT letting this bugfest out or you trying to come up with workarounds. This is totally pathetic, especially given you admit there's a Q/A team. They are failing miserably and you are enabling them. 

Well said Jim and when I see people coming to the defense of WGT, I find this bewildering. Shams intention is good (and limited if he wants to keep a job) but there is no accountability in WGT - or Chad would have fallen on his sword long ago along with 99.9% of the employees.

Personally I do not miss the game and certainly do not miss paying to play a half baked game that it has become. 

Hire the Monkeys please WGT, you might raise the combined IQ in your programming department to double digits.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 3:05 AM

Beta has been taken off the logo quite a while ago, ?one year or more?

And, while Beta Tests are part of their T&Cs (scroll down 50+%), there's no hint to me that I'm playing in any closed or open Beta Tests now.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 3:07 AM

Beta after 8 years or so and Millions of Dollars of Profit????

This is a crock of shite PB, it is there solely to cover their ass against lawsuits.

Guinea Pigs once, now were are taken for idiots if you believe it is still in testing!

From the T&C:

Beta Tests

Should you become a participant in a beta test for new games and/or features, your participation as a beta tester is subject to the following terms and conditions. As a beta participant, you hereby agree that you are not a member of the press or other media entity.

Private Beta Tests:

Closed beta tests are confidential. The beta games and any related features and functionality are confidential. If you participate in a closed beta test, you will safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to, copying, disclosure, and unauthorized use of the beta games, including blogging and taking screen shots. You may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the beta game, or remove any proprietary notices or labels. You will carry out the testing personally and not provide access to beta games to any other person. You agree that breach of the above confidentiality obligations will cause irreparable harm to WGT, and WGT is entitled to (in addition to any other remedies available to it) ex parte injunctive relief without bond to prevent the breach or threatened breach of your obligations. Your obligation to keep the beta games confidential will continue until WGT publicly distributes, or has otherwise disclosed to the public through no fault of yours, the particular games and the content that you are testing.

All Beta Tests (Private And Public):

(1) As a beta tester, you are invited to play beta games for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors. Nothing in these Terms, or on the Site, shall be construed as granting you any rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the beta games or content that you find here. The beta games are provided for testing on an "as is" "as available" basis and we make no warranty to you of any kind, express or implied.

(2) When playing some beta games, you may accumulate rankings, equipment, or other value or status indicators. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to beginner status.

(3) By starting a beta game, you agree that: (i) playing beta games is at your own risk and that you know that the games may include known or unknown bugs, (ii) any value or status indicators that you achieve through game play may be erased at any time, (iii) WGT has no obligation to make these games available, (iv) WGT's Terms & Conditions apply to your use of the games during the testing phase, and (v) if it is a private beta test, you will keep all information about the beta games confidential as stated above and not disclose such information to any other person.

(4) Beta Test accounts are non-transferable under any circumstances.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 3:14 AM

pdb1:

I am sure it is still beta in the official title .

Nobody has forgotten that.

WGT seats in its comfort zone without being bothered by any competition...and that is bad, obviously, only for the costumers = us.

I always hope a new golf game puts WGT in alert. Market is HUGE, a billionaire profitable project no other company is tackling.  

.... & still waiting.

Eric

• darashc
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 3:43 AM

Hi,just wanted to ask if Is it just me or i can no longer watch videos to earn credits?

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 4:03 AM

pdb1:

Perfect Parallel info@perfectparallel.com via mail132-4.atl131.mandrillapp.com 

The primitive Perfect parallel is no competition for WGT.

Eric

RSS