Forums

Help › Forums

Bugs in new Release 6/25/15

Fri, Jul 10 2015 9:50 AM (113 replies)
  • razza31
    703 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 12:48 AM

WGTShamWow:

Try taking ONE practice swing/letting the meter swing out, it should revert to the left to right dots and the button to toggle them should come back. 

Hi Sham,

I tried it out but it did not change the dots.. Instead the club and the type of shot froze.

Single play I can reload and it resets but can't be letting 1 lifeline away in multi-player games as most of them need couple of reloads anyway..

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 3:29 AM

Rather than upsetting your 10 million customers, why not reinstate the previous game version, work out the bugs in the new update (thoroughly), then put it back in place...

...and perhaps for future updates, have a designated team of customers test it out before you release it.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 3:39 AM

ScottHope:

Rather than upsetting your 10 million customers, why not reinstate the previous game version, work out the bugs in the new update (thoroughly), then put it back in place...

...and perhaps for future updates, have a designated team of customers test it out before you release it.

Got em thinking..........could be dangerous?

• GAD59
    237 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:49 AM

I hadn't played in several days. Tried a round yesterday, but can't play at all. Constant flashing with the Play Now box on left. Can't play from there. Try a club tournament, and after first shot from tee, the game freezes. Go out, and back in, if I can take another shot, the meter doesn't turn off when I click my mouse. I tried again early this morning (Monday) and same thing. Can't use Chrome, because meter is too jerky, plus, it won't shut off, and game freezes, IE meter is smoother, but same results trying to play the game. I've already contacted WGT Support, and supposedly they're checking into it. Guess I won't be able to play for a while. What ever they did over the last week, I wish they had left the game alone. I don't have a fancy expensive computer, and can't really afford a new one, so now, I'm without my fix for an online golf game. The turntable videos though, work like a charm.

• Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:59 AM

That various various people are having problems after the latest update, and I am too, is totally unfair of WGT to make this upgrade just as qualifying for the US open is finishing and in the US open will be run.  The worst part of my problem that is not livable with is that the moving balls in the putting green do not give a constant reading but pulsate.  This makes reading putts very difficult.  I have reported the bug twice but see no evidence of them trying to to deal with it or to be the fair to the people who are still trying to qualify for the US open who might have this problem as well is how it will affect the US open.

Given the importance of this championship this affects the very integrity of WGT to provide a level playing field for all players but sometimes I wonder if that is really their concern.  Anyone that having the same problem as me should noted on this post and it could give us cause to challenge the results of the US open.

• Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 6:25 AM

When I click this post, I did not realise there were so many posts already in it.  I do not have problem with the meter or  my clubs, but the problem with the space bar - the woosh sound comes when I hit a shot as well, the camera not working on Chambers Bay hole 8,together with the problem mentioned above, seem to be being experienced by number of people.

As worrying or more worrying than the bugs is that only one problem has been responded to by a WGT staff member, yet if there is one response that they must be reading the site.  Perhaps some lessons and customer relationships would be helpful.

• lkchesnut
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 7:00 AM

Some Regression Testing, then some testing by some actual WGT users might help.

Just sayin'

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 12:14 PM

lkchesnut:

Some Regression Testing

Amen.

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 12:31 PM

lkchesnut:
    Some Regression Testing

Sadly, the engineers will have to google that term, not understand at all what it means and how it relates to their work. Remember, SNAFU is the company motto.

• GAD59
    237 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 2:23 PM

I finally made it through my round I started early Sunday morning. After every shot, the game freezes, but I found, that if you hit zoom in and out multiple times in a row, then it will allow me to take my next shot. Putting is a nightmare. Up close shots, or otherwise, meter won't shut off, and I usually get a bogey or worse. As for paid for balls, until WGT fixes this game, after losing 2 balls in the bushes this morning, I'm not buying anymore, and will use the default ball. I'm not very good on this game anyway, so I don't really care anymore. Of course, my percentage will go up, but this game was only my online golf fix, not my life. Balls cost too much, besides everything else on this site. I really don't mind too much paying for balls, but losing them to water, bushes, and out of bounds is. 

RSS