Forums

Help › Forums

Mass Poaching

Wed, May 16 2018 6:35 AM (120 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,236 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 7:06 AM

Players IMHO are free to go and join any club they want. They leave for a reason that they are not happy where they are. I have done this.  Now the club I am in now I am back for my second time.  I message club owner for a certain type of custom course with 12 or 13 speed greens instead of the boring old 9 speed greens. 48 hours later no custom course and no reply from owner. Does this make me happy--no. Does this want to make me leave--yes. I stay only for the friendships I have made and enjoy playing said friends. 

• callaghan159
    6,236 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 4:49 AM

pdb1:

Often I think the reverse is most common .

Either way . Communication is the key .

You are spot on. I know club owners are very busy running there club and I don't expect immediate results but a reply for  my request  would have been nice.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 6:21 AM

For the record, I ask members of other clubs to join the Fair Play Golf Club, only if they're playing history shows a marked lack of participation in that club's tournaments.

While I'm here, we are open to requests from Tour Legends and Champions to try out the FPGC.  There's plenty of  free, credit and varied tournament activity -you won't be bored- and communication from club owner/directors is regular.

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 3:57 AM

Can add silvermine to this list. A perfetic club trying to mass poach my members. Owner should be embarrassed and banned in my eyes. Disgusting tw at!!

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 4:19 AM

Williams01210021:

Can add silvermine to this list. A perfetic club trying to mass poach my members. Owner should be embarrassed and banned in my eyes. Disgusting tw at!!

Pot kettle springs to mind.

Watched a World Cup game you were In & you were far from gentlemanly/sportmanlike

Ken

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 5:24 AM

Erm you watched a match where the guy i was playing took 70/80 seconds each shot on the front 9. I had got board by that point and while waiting was off doing somthing else instead of sitting in front of a screen waiting for him to go in and out of chip view 20 times to line up a 5ft putt....... hardly the same thing.....

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 5:38 AM

Williams01210021:

Erm you watched a match where the guy i was playing took 70/80 seconds each shot on the front 9. I had got board by that point and while waiting was off doing somthing else instead of sitting in front of a screen waiting for him to go in and out of chip view 20 times to line up a 5ft putt....... hardly the same thing.....

You seem to have left out where you took a full 90 seconds on multiple putts from 3 feet & also hit at last second on your drives & finally when you used up the last of your 7 timeouts of your approach shot to the 18th & got DQ'd

Hardly the same thing ..... ;)

PS Your opponent hit within the allotted time every time on every shot/putt unlike you & also did not use any timeouts again unlike you

RSS