Help › Forums

Mass Poaching

Wed, May 16 2018 6:35 AM (120 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 5:38 AM

bubbsboy:

LOL

Ok when owners do it blatant..and theres a few.

As said...ok.....no issue, not fussed. thats life.

POINT

An owner deleting his offers and blocking folk so cant ask why hes doing it.

That was my point thankyou

I dont need freedom brigade to preach to me. Go, come back, all the same, i aint interested......free world and i for one do not care if folk leave, good luck to them.

Its the owner im talking about.

EDIT

There are owners on here i get on well with. So heres a scenario.

I wall their members then delete, then i block said owner from responding to me.

Do i go up in estimation.........or down

Simple answer to that i feel.

Pfft

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 11:30 AM

Are club players under contract?

I've had posts on my wall, and GOLLY, I know it's my choice. Am I happy? I delete the wall post so the owner doesn't need a diaper change.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 12:07 PM

Grandelf:

Are club players under contract?

I've had posts on my wall, and GOLLY, I know it's my choice. Am I happy? I delete the wall post so the owner doesn't need a diaper change.

No, members are not under contract.  Some owners don't feel that they are poaching if they simply invite you, cuz you have the option to say no.  It's been a topic of debate more than once on here.  

I looked up the definition for poaching, which is supposedly not allowed on here. (Not sure, just what I've been told) 

Poaching:  

1.  Any encroachment on another property, rights, ideas, or the like

2. To steal from another's property

3. To take without permission for one's own use. 

As an owner, I only invite those that do not belong ( by membership) to another cc. My morales and ethics, I remove from my club, anyone else who may be doing it.  Our club is based on quality, not quantity.   

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 3:56 PM

Well said, and thank you.

Maybe for some there is a negative intent, but that does not mean that all should be generalized.

I think the icon idea is a perfect way to change this.

I know for myself, I believe in the players right to choose. For me if the owner got all upset due to MY pages content, I would take it as an insult as far as my ability to make a decision that's right for ME.

I have never had some sort of negative intent, and do not feel as such.

I had a player that told me "Thank you for the offer, but I am happy right now with the club I am in" 

My reply was "Well I am glad you have a club you enjoy, and I hope it remains that way. I'd still like to play some golf if we get a chance."  We did, and now are great friends.

I have seen posts on members pages, and see it as none of my business.

That's my opinion to which we all are entitled.

Thanks for your time.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 4:43 PM

One note I want to bring up, is that there are hundreds of clubs without Owners .

Most Owners I come across are Pro's and Tour Pro's. There are plenty of players out there that are in limbo, We just have to find them.

Very Tedious work, but they are out there.

We used to be able to see another clubs activity, and that was a great help. They took that away so now we have to make a call on a club.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 7:06 PM

I have gotten about 170 Players out of those clubs. Owners start them and they don't realize how much work it is.

They give up, and its a shame. I bypassed a lot players also, there has to be at least  400 in them, and they will just quit eventually.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 11:11 PM

As for poaching WGT could put a stop to it with one simple change. Make owners tools for inviting players to join their CC like director tools. Directors can only invite players who don’t belong to any CC. 

RSS