Forums

Help › Forums

THE BIG MATCH BETWEEN LEGEND AND LITTLE GIRL

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 19 2010 3:11 PM (38 replies)
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 8:56 PM

Well the big match finally came off, and he tried to get out of the match by making outlandish demands, wanted money to play, and after 15 minutes i finally got him to tee off. He tried to switch to match, hoping that his strokes would not show, and after another 10 minutes he finally played. Well the super hero with a 60 avg did a 37 for 9, which is  his best with the crutches, which was 25, so I guess the crutches are worth 12 a side, lols

After the match he tried to claim that he played for the first time with regs, and wanted another go. I explained to him that I had to go, but he should practice with regs, and get back to me, and he refused.  NOW TELL ME, IF YOU CAN PLAY WITH SUPERS, WHY CAN'T YOU PLAY WITH REGS. and the answer to that is, A BIG FAT LYING EXCUSE

Final score, little girl 38

legend 37,

anyone else out there want to try?

I do have another match with another super hero set for xmas day, and we will see if he shows up

now all you good ol boys come out and defend jake, LOL

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 7:44 AM

Just my 2 cents.

If your goal was to keep things fair (clubs/etc), this couldn't have possible been fair. Jake uses different clubs for a long time, so asking him to adjust to these without several days of practice, is not even close to hair.

Even putter along, if you don't have time down and know it's quirks can be a pain in the butt.

Now, I have played with jake dozens of times, beat him some, lost some, but I can tell you for sure - when he is on and his meter behaves (hopefully never against me), there aren't many, if any, players who can take him.

If you ask any top player to suddenly switch to different clubs/putter, you can expect same performance as Jake.

In the end, instead of hate - appreciate

-wgticon

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:13 AM

Just my two cents

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

• Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:19 AM

I agree with SGT.  He uses clubs he has not used in quite awhile and last time I checked, 37 is less than 38.   I am sure with some practice the difference would have been greater.

I have heard this argument for years in sim racing.  "Give us fixed setup leagues so it will be fair"

In the end, the guys that are fast with open setups are the same ones that win all the fixed setup races.

Why don't you just play the game for fun or buy clubs and see if you can hang with everyone else?

Do the clubs make a difference?  Heck yes.  But the really good players with good clubs will still be the really good players with starter clubs.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:23 AM

Am I mistaken, or did Jake have to tee off from the Legend tees with regular clubs and you teed off from the Tour Pro tees?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:25 AM

Nothing to see here folks, just another "Look at Me" thread.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:26 AM

piztaker:

Nothing to see here folks, just another "Look at Me" thread.

What he said  ^ (clapping smilie)

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:27 AM

Rickypro:
    agree with SGT.  He uses clubs he has not used in quite awhile and last time I checked, 37 is less than 38.   I am sure with some practice the difference would have been greate

the defender are out in the wild

his 37 with a level of 90, playing so many times a day that he cannot get time for bathroom

my 38, with a level 40, playing one or two times a day

LOL

Did you notice in his post he said that breaking par with regs was no problem, DID YOU READ THE POST

• BarmyArmy147
    62 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:27 AM

which 9 u play?? and of what conditions???

cause i maanged to shot under par round with starter clubs and balls round all 3 courses

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:29 AM

So, you lost to him on the only course and 9 you play? Is that what you're so proud of? Funny

RSS