Forums

Help › Forums

Slow Meter Boost

Thu, Jun 25 2015 5:04 PM (164 replies)
  • WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 12:49 PM

Thanks for that Paul. Funny it says "ON by default" but mine has never showed up. Regardless, I have no interest in using it & hope it allows others to NOT to have look at it anymore.

• Pittfan78
    624 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 2:07 PM

Just saw this post PK

Count me in on wanting this cheat removed from the game. Never bought it and never will and glad to be in a CC that wants no part of it either.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 4:31 PM

Unreal they would sell a product like that during the us open. Smh 

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 5:43 AM

Add me to the players that think this inane gimmick should be removed.

At first it was out there in Practice mode only, to which I said, who the hell would pay 30 credits to slow down the meter for a shot in a PRACTICE game ???

When I posted that question, I was hit with several replies laughing at me saying I was just taken in by a WGT April Fools joke.

Who's laughing now ?

Please WGT....get rid of this thing....it's beneath the realism of your wonderful game.

• Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2015 1:31 AM

I agree as well.

Fair play. 

• Matagusanos
    4 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 11:29 AM

After all, it works the same way as many equipment features. You may always pay for a tube of premium balls or some iron set and get a slowed down meter (and / or extra distance, back spin, accuracy...).

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 1:22 PM

Matagusanos:
    After all, it works the same way as many equipment features. You may always pay for a tube of premium balls or some iron set and get a slowed down meter (and / or extra distance, back spin, accuracy...).

True, however you are not allowed in the middle of a round or hole to decide you would rather play a different ball for this particular shot, pick up your ball and put a different ball down in its place, and then after you hit your 1 shot then start using your original ball again.

Or another way to look at: you are not allowed to go get a 15th club just for that one particular shot. You are only allowed 14 clubs in your bag, your choice on the 1st tee, not switch in out of different clubs once you start playing a round.

Might be a worthwhile feature for practicing/mulligans with different balls/clubs, however not allowed for a tournament round which is just cheating or a 2 stroke penalty for every occurrence.

• marcodl
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 6:18 AM

That new feature in RG or Tournaments is simply disgusting :(

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 12:11 PM

marcodl:

That new feature in RG or Tournaments is simply disgusting :(

Agreed.

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2015 12:20 AM

Don't really see that it changes much in WGT land. If you play for credits in skins/MP etc, you're always facing the prospect of others paying / cheating to win - no different with this little gizmo. If you play for fun, you don't really give a monkeys.

Really, really stupid addition to the game that our very friendly bunch of CC members are choosing to ignore.

But nice to see that after all these years - and many $'s paying for balls that try and smooth out your swing meter - wgt can actually give you a smooth meter - you just have to buy it lol.

RSS