Thu, Jun 25 2015 5:04 PM (164 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 8:19 AM

• Yiannis1970
    3,273 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 8:44 AM

YankeeJim:

Been here over 6 years and have always been a supporter of the game. This stupidness makes me gag. 

Believe you Jim but this stupidness makes them richer...now, which of these 2 do you think it will prevail?

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 9:04 AM

my interest and play here have been waning for a while now . this latest BS is the lil push i needed to just walk away ... 

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 9:28 AM

Think it's a case if you can't beat em !!!!!!!!!!

So many p!sed of members - so little interest by WGT.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 10:46 AM

I don't like "focus boost", but I don't worry about it in itself...

The problem I have is I avoid playing in "pay" tournaments, money matches, or RG's because I "refuse" to contribute any money to cheaters/sandbaggers in any way shape or form....

With so many changes in the last couple of years I hoped they were working on a way to detect people using CE...it sickens me that 2 of them are on the annual top 10 money list, another was mentioned in a cheat thread, 1 of them has blatantly admitted he not only uses it, he does it with 2 different accounts, both high level, both in his own country club, and both have been money leaders at times...these guys aren't going to buy focus cheats, they cheat on every f'n shot for free...

The introduction of "focus cheat" is WGT's way of saying to me they not only can't do anything,  they won't make, or or worse haven't even made, the effort to stop these a$$holes anymore...and that is the real problem!!!!

I can't see focus cheat being cost effective 95% of the time, plus if you need it to score well your missing out on the fun....I made the cut(I hope) for the Open by making a 44 ft breaking putt and sinking a 54yd approach shot, f'k your focus boost...if I ever shoot a 52 it will be because I got lucky and good, not cheating...if I start shooting a 52 everyday, then you all better check me out 'cause I'm to scatter brained to play that well LOL

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 11:33 AM

IMO, if any player uses "focus boost", they are cheating. I don't care if wgt created it, any aid that only requires credits is not skill based. This is the laziest, most immoral approach to combating cheaters that wgt could have come up with.

How can anyone be proud of their success, using cheats (of any type) in any game described as golf?

I pulled this from http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/unwritten-rules-golf

"The worst thing you can do in golf is cheat. It's the unforgivable sin. And this...is cheating."

Wgt has finally come up with a change that will destroy this game from within. I've never seen a company so intent to turning it's customers away in disgust.

Whoever came up with FB should be fired & FB needs to go straight into the trash bin.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 11:52 AM

fatdan:
    .I made the cut(I hope) for the Open by making a 44 ft breaking putt and sinking a 54yd approach shot, f'k your focus boost.

LMAO. 3 cheers for that!! Well done you non-cheater.  :-D

p.s., Just to put this futile effort in perspective....How many have complained here? 100? 50? IDK, somebody can count them but the point is, that number is but  a tiny fraction of the total golfers here and you just know it's all falling on deaf ears. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 12:01 PM

Whoever came up with the idea of FB and thinks FB is not cheating should think about FB again, and if he does not admit FB was a drunken coke filled idea he had at at the time and refuses to withdraw FB then he is a complete........FB.

• VamboRools
    260 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 12:44 PM

The focus boost is an absolute disgrace, the beauty of the game is hoping you'll hit a ding on your shots, not guaranteeing it !!!     Please get rid of it wgt, because you're rapidly turning this game into Super Mario Golf.

Whatever next.....power ups appearing on the fairway !!!  I wouldn't bet against it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  !!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 1:59 PM

YankeeJim:
    ust to put this futile effort in perspective....How many have complained here? 100? 50? IDK, somebody can count them but the point is, that number is but  a tiny fraction of the total golfers here and you just know it's all falling on deaf ears. 

Even if 1000 players complain, providing the others are buying the gimmick/cheat, in their eyes it is success. 

I realized a long time ago, the company does not give a *** about what players think or want - if it does not generate income we can all get fucked.

And then they wonder why numbers are dropping.

RSS