Forums

Help › Forums

Alternate Shot Game

Mon, Dec 20 2010 3:27 AM (20 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 12:11 PM

They created this game without the help of members, so..... probably would have come up with other game formats on their own, afterall they do play the game themselves.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 3:51 PM

neildiamond11790:
    They created this game without the help of members, so..... probably would have come up with other game formats on their own, afterall they do play the game themselves.

Sure they do, but even if they didn't ND they probably heard of or played on, Links 98 which had skins, scramble,and alt shot.

Nice work implementing alt shot WGT, you get all the credit from me.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 4:50 PM

Fair enough Neil, I don't dispute that my friend.  :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:17 PM

Invite sent :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:34 PM

Sorry Richard.. wording might have been incorrect. I've just started to read he Forums in the last few weeks and have been having a bit of a laugh with some of them...lol. Maybe it should have read ... 'Started a Fantastice Game',  Instead of 'Thought of a new game' ...but anyway, it's still a new fantastic game that everybody can have a bit of fun.

What I've noticed though.. if ya partner with somebody you don't know and do a terrible shot, ya just cringe and keep on saying 'sorry'....lol. That's the thing about this game, it's just great.

This game is nice and simple at the moment. The Puter/Game machine Games, you have the option to change just about everything, with your stance/grip/slice/hook, sometimes way too hard to fathom... this game is really good cause you step on the tee and go BANG... depending on where you hit the meter is where the ball lands... just nice and simple/easy and I think keep it that way... If ya have too many things to think about, it just gets too hard.

Chow

Roger(mantis0014)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:37 PM

Ahhh, yes... a seperate chat screen so you can talk about game plans with your partner  and not give away too many secrets to the opposition.. that will be good too :)

• sallu4u
    87 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 7:30 PM

Yes its a good addition and really addictive.Mostly playing alternate shot since its introduction.

Well done WGT and keep up the good work

• pattonto
    63 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 1:12 AM

I must say that I've been enjoying the social side of Alternate shot. I have no problems with the game itself.

The only problems I've been encountering is the load time. Sometimes I am fully loaded at 100% but then the game just freezes and doesn't move on to the match.

It's hard enough getting 4 players together. When it takes so long to load, inevitively one of the players pulls out and you have to try all over again.

Hopefully WGT will be able to sort this out.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 1:27 AM

I would love to see the concede putt as we now have in match play (Thanks guys!) included in alt play too.

I hope Best ball is also on the horizon.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 6:09 AM

i didnt know what to think about this alternate shots. the load time could be mo speedy up. as well as higher echelon players seeing who is in the lobby and then bailing. i did notice if you want to re-match it turns on your pop-up blocker and you cannot get back to the game

keep it in the short stuff

soup

RSS