Forums

Help › Forums

Alternate Shot Game

Mon, Dec 20 2010 3:27 AM (20 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 1:37 AM

Congratulaions WGT

What a Fantastic game... well done to everybody at WGT, you have thought up a new idea which is just GREAT... played 3 games already and have enjoyed em thorourly (excuse the spelling..lol)

The only drawback is to find 4 players to play the game, but this new game has opened the door for alot of different tournaments/match's between us all.

Well done WGt

Roger (mantis0014)

• Tubbertown
    21 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 4:30 AM

i agree, Wll done WGT,

Mantis add me and i will send u an invite at some stage if i am stuck for a player

• Nopor
    21 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 7:09 AM

totally agree too, great new twist on an already good game, just wish there was a separate chat screen to chat with your partner .....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 7:49 AM

Come on Mantis, give credit where credits due. The Alt-shot format was thought of by members over a year ago (search threads). WGT should only get credit for implementing it. Better late then never.  :)

P.S. Let's hope the "Best Ball" format comes to the game sooner, rather then later.

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 7:56 AM

Richard4168:

Come on Mantis, give credit where credits due. The Alt-shot format was thought of by members over a year ago (search threads). WGT should only get credit for implementing it. Better late then never.  :)

P.S. Let's hope the "Best Ball" format comes to the game sooner, rather then later.

Yes this was an idea by the members of WGT. But all the credit goes to WGT because without them implementing it all alt. shot is is an idea (and we have plenty of those).

So Great Job WGT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU Stencil

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:26 AM

Thanks for echoing the facts Stencil. I guess I left off the great job WGT did for implementing "Alt-Shot" over a year later. 

Let's all hope WGT does another great job by implementing best ball, up/down/side hill lies, shot shaping, stance controls, and new pin placements at Kiawah.  :)

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:41 AM

Rich, just give credit where credit is due, the wgt members did not create alt shot, its been around for many years.  we suggested, they implemented, and have run 2 really nice tournaments in this time, ask Avatarlee and Bullox if they would trade their trips for alt play coming out 6 months sooner.

• HussainAkbar
    43 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:43 AM

How do I word this politely? I really, seriously mean this in earnest and not as a joke, sarcasm or by casting aspirations.

But I am offended by people who think they've done all the hard work in "coming up with the idea".

I can come up with ideas and even furniture designs for a faster than light starship or a nano machine that cures hangovers. Making one work is more than a matter of "just implementing it".

I am a computer programmer myself and come across this condescending attitude more often than I care to think of.

Thinking of something takes a couple of seconds. Writing a post perhaps a minute. Actually writing the code to make the thing possible is what makes us burn brain cells on coffee and all-nighters. It takes more lines of code than you would care to simply read in one sitting and more heartache debugging them than you spend in an average day. And we come in tomorrow and do the whole thing over again.

And, no. We don't do our job as a boon to civilization nor as a personal favor to John Johnson of Oak Road (whoever that might be). We get paid for it. We love our work.

Once again, it's our job. Show appreciation. Or don't show it. We get paid either way. But please don't say: "I thought of it. This bunch of geeks just spent a year implementing it."

• Al1950
    5 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 10:47 AM
      Well said HussainAkbar !
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 11:02 AM

Geez, take it easy fellas. I gave WGT the atta boy. You people don't have to be so custodial to WGT. 

For one, if this update was undesirable, everyone would've let WGT know about it, including you. And two, WGT welcomes constructive criticism. Criticism will make a company that much better.  :)

P.S. Neil, do you really believe at this stage of WGT's tenure; we would actually see "Alt-Shot" implemented if it wasn't suggested by a member?

RSS