Forums

Help › Forums

Chambers Bay US Open Qualifier

Wed, Jul 1 2015 4:48 AM (78 replies)
  • thepack52
    219 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 9:53 PM

SweetiePie:
     accommodates the vast variety of skill and equipment as best that could be done while still offering a qualifying competition for a chance to be a part of the most important event in WGT existance.   ~ SP ~

not very competitive when the cut is going to be around 53. i couldnt shoot that if i walked my balls to the green and got a free drop

• thepack52
    219 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 10:01 PM

TarheelsRule:
    In alt shot or stroke play for fun, it's not that important to be playing with 700 credit balls but as was stated above, you can't play these really good courses on championship green speed without them and expect to compete.

i agree, but i for one can't afford those kind of balls. i used to use the 325 per sleeve cali's, but alas, that got too expensive too. now i just use wgt legend balls. don't get the distance, nor do i get the spin or roll i did, but i play for fun anyway so whatever. it is discouraging though to want to play in a tournament and you can't even come close to qualifying unless you spend your paycheck for good equiptment. don't mind the equiptment cost as much as the cost of the balls that seem to have a very short lifespan

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 11:04 PM

Soggyblogger:

The wind at Chambers Bay is totally unrealistic.

Forget realism, as you say it's a video game. The reals scores in major tourney are about -10 to -20 on 3 courses, not -20 on a 18 holes.

In my small province of France the winner of the last tourney did +5 on 3 courses. Of course was a small tourney without celebrities but reals goods golfers That's true life.

For this game, 53 is not unrealist on Chambers, usually i do the par on each hole with a last putt <2ft, goods players would have do birdy (or eagle when i did a birdy).

• Brady415
    9 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 11:52 PM

Does anyone have a suggestion where to learn how to improve? Chambers is routinely kicking my backside. I'm on the verge of taking an ax to my desk. I'm a level 90, and that's about the scores I post playing the virtual us open. It's like I've never played before!!! Those greens are bloody killing me. I've probably played the course at least 30 times. Every round is a new adventure, and my blood pressure is going through the roof! Help.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 9:35 AM

Brady415:
    and my blood pressure is going through the roof! Help.

Ditto on that...although mine is from a different source; I just can't take watching two :30 second Lexus spots on each re-start. It's more than I can bare. '-}

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 10:11 AM

SweetiePie:
    It's more than I can bare. '-}

I see what you did there Lily......

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 11:07 AM

Brady415:

Does anyone have a suggestion where to learn how to improve? Chambers is routinely kicking my backside. I'm on the verge of taking an ax to my desk. I'm a level 90, and that's about the scores I post playing the virtual us open. It's like I've never played before!!! Those greens are bloody killing me. I've probably played the course at least 30 times. Every round is a new adventure, and my blood pressure is going through the roof! Help.

For starters, lose the vapor ball, and play the level 71 Nikes..same distance and more spin, but 250cr cheaper

Or, the level 81's..with the same 3.5 meter, but 150 credits cheaper.

Your wedges are too low level (imo) to play around Champ greens, that, and I don't see the need for a hybrid, 3 good wedges..64/60/56 degree is what's needed.

But first, change balls, no use playing with a Vapor trail, it doesn't enhance the balls attributes.

• HAMINH
    119 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 4:37 PM

Played there 5 times and still dont know how to putt, the green looks like nightmare, got only 1 hour/day for playing this game,dont want but have to say Bye bye Chambers, never look back, no more no more one.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2015 8:23 PM

54 tonight in the qualifier, with FIVE deuces... birdied all 4 par 3's and holed out on the 490 yard 5th hole for another 2.  Gonna post the scorecard if I can figure out how to do it... Booo Yah...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2015 9:28 PM

Well done, welcome  to the show:>

RSS