Forums

Help › Forums

Can anyone help identify this music track please?

Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:27 AM (70 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 7:38 AM

Soundcloud didn't reject the upload, so I guess their tune recognition software didn't match it to anything, sorry TMO. Hopefully someone will come up with the answer.

• AMorrison74
    2,076 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 11:50 AM

After about 15 seconds it has some resemblance to something The Specials might have done.  Not being a fan of theirs, I can't say if this is them.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 2:49 PM

Thanks folks. I think it would be around the 90,s or 00,s DUB for sure, and defo not UB40 or The Specials. I know all their tracks, lol. Im guessing this is strictly a Reggae band doing this, as some Ska bands did do a reggae theme in some of their songs.

Im itching to hear the rest of the track, as it is the style of Reggae i love. Rootsy, dub, instrumental. And if the track is anything to go by, then i might have found another band i will like for sure. Just need to nail them down now, lol.  

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 12:30 AM

Edited. Option to post links wasnt available.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 12:32 AM

Seems its a sound bite from somebody called Fratelli Stellari on soundcloud, but im still none the wiser about the tune. Can be found at 7:20 in the video below.

Anyways, heres a link to the soundcloud site as well:

https://soundcloud.com/fratelli-stellari

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 12:52 AM

I'm listening to him on Spotify now TMO, I'll let you know if I hear that track.  ; )

EDIT : Having listened to a couple of Mr (ms?) Stellari's albums over the past few hours, s/he seems to have a penchant for disco/techno-pop, and there is nothing that resembles that bit of Milky Way Super Mix that you like TMO.  : (

Off out now to buy a glitter ball and some silver platform boots, lol.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 6:11 AM

My bad TMO,

Both Suri and Soundhound came up with Milky Way Super Mix but I never listened to the entire track. When I realized it was techo-pop I just thought Suri was hungover and Soundhound was crap, so I bounced around to different parts of the video as I couldn't listen to it for 10 mins and never thought the 50 seconds you were looking for could have been hidden somewhere in it.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 7:36 AM

mrcaddie:

My bad TMO,

Both Suri and Soundhound came up with Milky Way Super Mix but I never listened to the entire track. When I realized it was techo-pop I just thought Suri was hungover and Soundhound was crap, so I bounced around to different parts of the video as I couldn't listen to it for 10 mins and never thought the 50 seconds you were looking for could have been hidden somewhere in it.

That was my mistake also MrC. I was lucky enough to click half way through one of the songs to then realise it was a different tune than from the start, lol. So began a quest going through all the lists that where there, doing the same thing until i found it.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 7:46 AM

For Mr Caddie..  Dig it ya'll!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 8:48 AM

nanstar:
    For Mr Caddie

Thanks K! I've had that on my playlist for years...a classic.

Hey, I didn't know you were in CN. It seems like every time I play an A/S game there's at least one member from CN in the group.

RSS