Forums

Help › Forums

Can anyone help identify this music track please?

Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:27 AM (70 replies)
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 5:59 AM

ScottHope:

@bery,

Not that either bery as you said. Boing sounds always make me laugh though, hahaha.  ; )

I have quite a few drum&bass CDs at home, but don't really want to revisit "THOSE" years! lmao Preferred it when Kruder and Dorfmeister entered the scene and added a bit of jazz and took away a little of the drum & bass! This is one I still listen to:

Now I'll put myself back on anti-post-hijack!

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 6:13 AM

Thank you bery, that is it!

I had the tracklistings for the radio show that I originally recorded, but researching them all didn't reveal anything that sounded like what I was listening to. Although Total Science's Don't Lose Your Head was on the track listing, like you said it doesn't sound like it.

Now having played it again on YouTube, it still doesn't sound like it, but the one comment that is there says that the track that is listed as Don't Lose Your Head is actually Stone Love. So I searched out Don't Lose Your Head on Spotify, and that is my track.

Cheers buddy, great work, thanks again.  ; )

SPOTIFY

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 6:35 AM

ScottHope:

Thank you bery, that is it!

I had the tracklistings for the radio show that I originally recorded, but researching them all didn't reveal anything that sounded like what I was listening to. Although Total Science's Don't Lose Your Head was on the track listing, like you said it doesn't sound like it.

Now having played it again on YouTube, it still doesn't sound like it, but the one comment that is there says that the track that is listed as Don't Lose Your Head is actually Stone Love. So I searched out Don't Lose Your Head on Spotify, and that is my track.

Cheers buddy, great work, thanks again.  ; )

SPOTIFY

Happy to help! My next suggestion would have been to contact Norman Cook....lol

• UFCJohny
    713 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:40 PM

the james webb space telescope, will be lauched this  year   2018,   see the  rainbow (:--}

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:21 PM

Ok folks, this one is bugging me big time. Im loving this music as im a reggae fan, but cant find out who this is. I have tried to use google to search for an answer, but most want me to download apps, which im not going to do, lol. 

Can anyone edentify who the band or what the song is from this instrumental tune?

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:06 PM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Can anyone edentify who the band or what the song is from this instrumental tune?

I tried Suri and Soundhound to no avail, sorry.

Did you post that question on the video on YouTube? If so, I gave you a thumbs up in an effort to see if the uploader will respond.

Good luck.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:11 PM
    mrcaddie:

TWOMINUSONE:

I tried Suri and Soundhound to no avail, sorry.

Did you post that question on the video on YouTube? If so, I gave you a thumbs up in an effort to see if the uploader will respond.

Good luck.

Thanks MrC, i did ask that question, so fair play on that thumbs up. Ive tried a few myself online that you dont have to download anything, to no avail though.
  • ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 12:25 AM

I'll upload it to Soundcloud TMO. If there is a copyright infringement, they'll reject the upload and tell me what the tune is, hopefully.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 1:03 AM

Thanks Scott. If that fails, then i can only count on somebody knowing the tune, lol. Cheers. 

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 6:51 AM

That sounds familiar. But can't quite put a handle on it - thought it might be off UB40 present arms in dub, but it isn't. Sounds like a more modern dub track though. Only label I can think of is On-U Sound. They have released quite a lot of modern dub reggae.

RSS