Forums

Help › Forums

Some attitudes here typical of all online gaming

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 10 2010 9:42 PM (4 replies)
  • GordyMcRoss
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 5:08 PM

I've found a lot of the pro's and up (remember-some, not all) get that "I'm the King" attitude and talk down on all the rest.  Although it makes me weary, it's typical of any online game where anonymity is the rule, I'm getting used to it.

I was razzed by someone for QUITTING and called names (it hurt me so, I need to go on food stamps now). My quit was involuntary and I immediately logged back on but could NOT return to the game because of the pop up thing. I disabled pop-ups but WGT wouldn't let me back in .... so sad, so true. Then the tirade came... sigh.

Hey, for all you Pro's that can push buttons better than the next - give the other a break, they'll get the hang of it someday. Compliment them for trying. Give them some tips. Most likely you'd do it face to face on a real golf course - it should be the same behind the screen.

Meantime, I'm still dealing with the pop-up's thing - WGT recognizes their disablement some times, some times it doesn't.

See ya on the 3rd tee.

Gordy McRoss

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 7:49 PM

I get kicked out for technical reason all the time. i wouldn't worry about it chief.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 7:57 PM

Peter offers the best advice, but don't hesitate to click the Report Abuse link here in the forums when abuse is perpetrated, and take a screen-shot if at all possible so WGT can properly conduct an investigation. 

WGT takes abuse very seriously. 

• GordyMcRoss
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 8:01 PM

I actually don't consider it abuse. It's a bravado thing... I'm thick skinned, I can handle it.

I'm just appealing to those that are the best to help out those that aren't.  What a great community this already is and what a greater community it could be.

Gordy McRoss

• Sharkey49
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 9:42 PM

G. McRoss

My name is Sharkey49 and I am a Pro, you can play whenever I am on. I will play the whole course and help if needed. Not all Pro's and up are that bad. Even so, I have experienced the same rudeness from legends and arrogant people as well.

Thanks,

Sharkey49

RSS