Forums

Help › Forums

How WGT spoiled my birthday...

Fri, Apr 3 2015 3:28 AM (25 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2015 6:27 AM

HenriChinaski:
    If french food is the best (we should all agree on that) Italian food is, for me, a pretty close second (subtle, varied, sophisticated, and tasty). And they love the good wine too.

It is true. I've been fortunate with travel. I've been to La Tour d'Argent three times and start foaming at the mouth just dreaming of that food....but great skill is required to begin trying to whip it up at home....And Italian food is always a warm and wonderful way to go and hard to screw up....incidently, Costco has a frozen lasagna that is nothing to sneeze at ;-} 

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2015 8:57 AM

I've always wanted to go to France and eat at a Parisian bistro.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2015 1:17 AM

HenriChinaski:
    If french food is the best (we should all agree on that) Italian food is, for me, a pretty close second (subtle, varied, sophisticated, and tasty). And they love the good wine too.

Yes Italian food is great - I have always loved Italy, the people, the culture and the food.

Everywhere has good and bad, food included. 

Micheal - you would not be disappointed sitting in a cafe sampling food and wine and people watching in Paris - or anywhere in France. But as per the clip, Parisians can be rude lmao

The great thing with France, they keep the good wine and export the crap lol - a house wine in France is usually better than most expensive wines elsewhere.

• HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2015 2:48 AM

The video is funny, and, let's say, pretty accurate. :D

I was a parisian for 10+ years, and I must confess, in a bad day, I could be very rude with a certain kind of tourists (the very annoying ones), even if I understand english pretty well. But if you're polite, calm, and explain clearly what you need help for, you shouldn't have problem with parisians.

Just understand that Paris is not a f***ing disneyland, nor a zoo. People are living and working here... have things to do... a lot off things to do... to pay their enormous rent... and are not necessarily at your service. Same thing in all big cities. Was several time in New York: New yorkers and parisians act exactly the same way.

Hint: If you're lost (Paris layout can be complex, it's not a grid) ask your way to a policeman... They all have a Paris map in their hat, and helping you is an important part of their job. ;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2015 3:28 AM

HenriChinaski:
    Was several time in New York: New yorkers and parisians act exactly the same way.

Wrong...New Yorkers are ruder lol. For example say you are in an electronics shop looking for a new camera, the assistant will be all over you with fake kindness, until you say you are not sure......suddenly you may as well be a leper....

And possibly for this reason I love both Paris and New York. 

Yes most big cities are the same, and to tell the truth, I feel uncomfortable when people are too friendly - I kind of feel they are after something.

Give me honest rudeness any day over insincere fake pleasantries.

RSS