Forums

Help › Forums

Amazing how some people become good at this game so quickly.

Wed, Dec 8 2010 3:07 PM (98 replies)
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 3:17 PM

piztaker:

I'd rather play with a hack than play with myself. Have a nice day.

MMMM, play with yourself, veddy interesting.

cmon, I am sure that we can find someone that is more competitive with a MASTER, than play with a hack. I play every night, and have no problem finding someone of my equal or better.

Do not understand this conversation, a master cannot find a equal partner, or is the master looking for a pushover, me thinks the latter

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 3:20 PM

YankeeJim:
    In a nutshell. I can't tell you how many players can regularly beat me that I met as a Master and they were hacks. Just paying it forward...........  :-)

yes yes, they bought your clubs, ball and putter. LOL

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 4:33 PM

x1524807:

YankeeJim:
    In a nutshell. I can't tell you how many players can regularly beat me that I met as a Master and they were hacks. Just paying it forward...........  :-)

yes yes, they bought your clubs, ball and putter. LOL

Doesn't it ever get old and tiresome for you to be so cynical, critical and judgmental?:o(

If not.....consider the rest of us! 

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 5:05 PM

oneputtdavid:

Doesn't it ever get old and tiresome for you to be so cynical, critical and judgmental?:o(

If not.....consider the rest of us! 

I guess your sense of humor has gone to the north pole

I find it hilarious that you men tell the story that you play with hacks so you can help them with their game. I think that is absolutely the funniest thing I ever heard of.

I am trying to think what you tell them. Ok, do not hold the mouse in your left hand, except if you are left handed. When you click the mouse, do not do it hard, do it soft, because a mouse hates to be abused. When you aim the marker, aim it for the hole, unless the wind is blowing, and then put your finger out to see which way the wind blows. Do not drink while you are playing, because that will affect your judgment, and you might swing in reverse. So many things you can help a hack with

The funniest was that he taught them so good that they come back to beat him.

Sir, that makes me fall off my chair. It seem to me that we are all hacks at one time, and as soon as we learn how to use the mouse we get to be ams, and then tour pro, and then we buy all that equipment and we  become masters, and then we play morning noon and night, and whoops, we become masters. THIS IS NOT FOR REAL, IT IS VIRTUAL.

As far as you are concerned one putt, what ever you say goes in one ear and out the other.  You like men toooooooo much

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 5:43 PM

Using punch shot with wedges to fill distances' gaps.

When to chip/pitch/flop if they haven't read icon's tips.

Using topsin and backspin to gain or lose little distance with wedges.

Why club down+topsipn is better than club up+backspin in certain situations.

How much does wind affect a shot without spin, with bs and with ts.

Many people use percentages to judge putts' speed depending on green conditions (fast, slow...), that can be taught too.

Avoid certain spots in paricular holes (I.E.: Putting from left side on kiawah #3, being past the hole on BP #15...)

Just to mention a few things people who have played this game for a while can teach newcomers. We can also recommend clubs or balls (or a combination of both) if they're interested in buying.

:)

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 5:54 PM

Angeltotti20:
    Why club down+topsipn is better than club up+backspin in certain situations.

lol, hacks do not have spin

Angeltotti20:
    How much does wind affect a shot without spin, with bs and with ts.

hacks do not have spin

Angeltotti20:
    Just to mention a few things people who have played this game for a while can teach newcomers. We can also recommend clubs or balls (or a combination of both) if they're interested in buying.

yes, that you can teach them, but the rest is just bs that you made up

you play hacks, because everyone else is beating you up

JUST SAYING

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 5:55 PM

Angeltotti20:

forgot one thing

WELCOME TO THE GOOD OLD  BOYS CLUB, they needed your help

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 6:14 PM

Thanks for the invite, but i'm already in Deviations club. I haven't said i play hacks, just mentioned few tips we can tell newbies. Couple more:

Hit driver with "backspin" if tailwind.

Lie %. What does this mean? How is it going to affect my shot?

Punch 3w to get out of the 40/50 rough. Punch iron to get out of the 30/40/50 fescue.

Play an 18 hole round and try not to miss a single putt on low side, then repeat on high side side. (That helps learning how to judge green's grid.)

:)

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 6:16 PM

x1524807:
    I am trying to think what you tell them

Just trying to help you.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2010 6:19 PM

Angeltotti20:
    Hit driver with "backspin" if tailwind.

Hacks cannot hit spin shots, how many times do I have to tell you

Seems to me that you should open a school for how to play this game. Tell WGT to throw out the tutorials, ok

RSS