Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT March event: Kiawah

Sat, Apr 4 2015 12:18 AM (134 replies)
  • ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 4:14 PM

Who was the low scoring Legend player?

Who was the low scoring Tour Master or lower player?

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 4:48 PM

I was the low Legend (ahead of ahades, Kash, and Cerino).

It looks like low TM or lower was ponga74 (who, at lvl55, also came in as the only player to finish under lvl 70)

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 6:11 PM

Corwyn:
    I was the low Legend

I didn't think there was any doubt who the low Legend was..lol....nice score Corwyn.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 10:46 PM

Lowest Legend: Corwyn - balls sent

Low TM or lower: ponga74 - balls sent

• DJW2307
    13,390 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 5:03 AM

Only just seen the posting after being away this weekend Corwyn and unexpectedly see I got one of the special prizes,..Yes, the level 71 Nikes would be great thanks.

Many thanks

David

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 4:03 AM

Corwyn:
    Jerm65     Max Slow Meter Pro  TBC     [to be sent by JoeMaverick]

Is it confirmed or I keep waiting?

Thanks

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 6:10 AM

Thanks David for the reply, and Joe: let's count everything as confirmed now. It's been several days since the wrap-up post (and I'm pretty sure Jeremy has always only ever asked for the Max Slow Meter Pros).

Corwyn:
    So, the following players from the list above won Special Prizes. Please post a reply to confirm what sleeve you would like from your generous prize sponsor (I've taken this list from what you each have equipped currently):

BigKnight     lvl71 Nikes  CONFIRMED   [sent by bhoese]

Corwyn     lvl71 Nikes  CONFIRMED    [received from bhoese]

Jerm65     Max Slow Meter Pro  CONFIRMED     [to be sent by JoeMaverick]

DJW2307     lvl71 Nikes  CONFIRMED     [sent by Corwyn]

Wesdogg75     lvl81 Nikes  CONFIRMED      [sent by Corwyn]

I've been away for a few days, so apologies for the delay. I've just sent out my sleeves now, and I also heard back from Shoe to say he got the message and will be sending out the remaining top 5 Leaderboard prizes shortly.

Also, update to earlier post: the main VT schedule just changed and it's not Harbor Town this month after all. Instead the main Tour, and the TIO Tour as well, will head to Bethpage for April. Hope to see you all there in a week or so...

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 6:39 AM

Corwyn:

Instead the main Tour, and the TIO Tour as well, will head to Bethpage for April. Hope to see you all there in a week or so...

A very interesting starter test. Not much in the way of Uneven Lies there, but a few long and elevated holes that need some thought. Is this course OK to play off the backs, because that will be fun?

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 6:57 AM

I'll give it a test run off the tips, but yes, I'm hoping we may be able to manage one round from back there.

For the canny players, it'll offer a different kind of challenge, one of course management, trying to leave the right distance wedge shots for up-and-downs to save par.

For the not-so-canny... by all means, go for hero shots to try and hit and hold elevated greens with starter gear. Then you will find some nice uneven lies on this course!

Across the whole year of this Tour, I want the top dozen or so players to have an outside chance of shooting close to par overall. That will take extraordinary consistency and a lot of luck but I believe it's just about possible. Hence, we'll come up with a mix of tee boxes and course conditions that try and balance a strong challenge with something manageable. I think Congressional is another course where playing from the tips is doable (and presents some fun tee shot choices, e.g. playing to land on a forward tee to maximize distance potential on the next shot).

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 10:08 AM

Corwyn:

I'll give it a test run off the tips, but yes, I'm hoping we may be able to manage one round from back there.

Hence, we'll come up with a mix of tee boxes and course conditions that try and balance a strong challenge with something manageable. I think Congressional is another course where playing from the tips is doable (and presents some fun tee shot choices, e.g. playing to land on a forward tee to maximize distance potential on the next shot).

Hard tees are probably closest to hardest at BB among all other courses.Off the top of my mind #2 might be a really tricky choice off the tee

RSS