Help › Forums

Announcement: New winds & Green speeds are coming to Ready Go's

Sat, Dec 4 2010 2:30 AM (31 replies)
  • SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:32 AM

mohuyu:

ncviz:

Championship greens on Bethpage #15. HA! Well would cut the field in half, most will be stopped in their tracks right there, hehe...

Don't give them any bright ideas... 

I thought about entering a RG but didn't after I saw the leaderboard for my favourite holes. 29 was the lead! I'd have to shoot FAR below my best to get a decent return. Anyways, the point of this post is that I think championship greens on BpB would be great! The lead would be something like par! More like my PB...

Doodles

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:49 AM

Am I the only one confused?

When WGT first implemented the new system and removed the "Championship greens" and went to "Tournament greens" we were told that each tier had a different speed. (IE: Legends 12, TM 11 Master 10) Is that only for "Tournament" greens?  Does the introduction of Ready Goes with varying green speeds change this system? For example is a "Standard green" still different speeds for different tiers.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:56 AM

Kaslo:

When WGT first implemented the new system and removed the "Championship greens" and went to "Tournament greens" we were told that each tier had a different speed. (IE: Legends 12, TM 11 Master 10) Is that only for "Tournament" greens?  Does the introduction of Ready Goes with varying green speeds change this system? For example is a "Standard green" still different speeds for different tiers.

Nope Kas ... as far as I know everbody always played in the same wind and on the same greens - only difference is the tees

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 12:21 PM

tiffer67:

Icon, can you explain to me what is so difficult in changing the ready go conditions? It's as though this particular change has somehow really put somebody out. I must be missing something, the conditions change week to week in the free play tourneys, what's so hard about doing so each month with the RGs?

That same question goes for RGs on Oakmont? Why we don't have them yet is completely baffling to me.

I can't answer either because I do not know.

Kaslo:

Ready go's have nothing to do with tiers. Idea is to create different, but fun and challenging conditions. Some will be easier, some will be harder, some just gonna kick butt.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 1:00 PM

Thanks anyway Icon. I appreciate the honesty.....

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 1:46 PM

lets hope the new winds mimmick real life and aren't constant like they are now. blustery winds are the norm. the winds at present are like playing with a hair dryer blowing the same speed all the time. say a 15 mph wind is always a 15mph wind. real life the wind could blow say 10 to 17 at diferent times. if the wind changed all the time it would be harder for people to just play by the numbers and add the unknown factor and make it more difficult to put the ball really close all the time. other golf games manage this why not this one.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 2:35 PM

plim:
    ..... if the wind changed all the time it would be harder for people to just play by the numbers and add the unknown factor and make it more difficult to put the ball really close all the time.

Great idea plim....wind change would create a more challenging effect to this game.

However, if the major cause of meter spikes,shot/distance deviations,etc,etc is caused by an already overload of CPU's (as some have claimed) to run this game as is, then the additional input would only worsen the situation. IMHO

No concrete facts supporting this "theory"....Would appreciate comments from others whose expertise is in this field.

On a different note, I jumped back into the RG "trough" late last night and was pleasantly surprised or should I say caught off guard with the different green speeds..;)

But the real surprise was the meter ran smooth for the first time in a week.  

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 2:49 PM

Just finished an RG, it only did the stagger dance once...

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 3:14 PM

Boomerboy44:

Played three and it got bad enough for me to bail on beth b9... but i played the ctth qualifiers a couple of times and have never gotten as smooth a meter

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 3:28 PM

mohuyu:

Boomerboy44:

Played three and it got bad enough for me to bail on beth b9... but i played the ctth qualifiers a couple of times and have never gotten as smooth a meter

Makes one very suspicious!!

RSS