Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • TheBigSlink
    63 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 9:58 PM

3 years of consistent play here now. Now I've got to effectively pay money to relearn how to putt and shoot well again. 

Nothing happening here motivates me to do that anymore. 5 days later and the green dots on Cong are still not right.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 10:13 PM

May I just ask how one establishes the circle of precision on any one club.

Is it by hitting repeated shots with the same ball to the same green in the same conditions and counting only the dinged shots.

Then one measures the two balls furthest apart, and call that the radius.

I really want to know.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 10:17 PM

Pheeewwwwww, expensive day today! I forgot to switch to a free ball when I played my 1 hole for 880 points and took one stroke usage of my ball...I don't know how long I can afford this!!!

OH Wait, yes I do, "FOR F'N EVER".....

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 10:46 PM

oneeyedjohn:

May I just ask how one establishes the circle of precision on any one club.

Is it by hitting repeated shots with the same ball to the same green in the same conditions and counting only the dinged shots.

Then one measures the two balls furthest apart, and call that the radius.

I really want to know.

Could do it that way. I just make a mental note in low wind tourneys when a dinged shot goes an odd distance or direction. And I can check the vids to make sure it wasn´t my own bad calc/aim/shot choice, which happens just as much as max deviated shots.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 10:59 PM

Thanks Mags.

U don't happen to have a memory the size of an elephant do u.

I just don't see u taking notes, other than mental ones.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:26 PM

Odd thought I would try a CC tourney, at my most disliked course because of the greens - the dots were pretty true and they seemed normal

• cshodrun
    576 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:39 PM

my friendlist hasn't changed in 2days,  I doubt my ole' pals are playing green on a 48hr marathon

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:44 PM

alanti:

Odd thought I would try a CC tourney, at my most disliked course because of the greens - the dots were pretty true and they seemed normal

That's good to hear.

p.s.  Had to be Kiawah.

;-)

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 1:23 AM

fatdan:

Pheeewwwwww, expensive day today! I forgot to switch to a free ball when I played my 1 hole for 880 points and took one stroke usage of my ball...I don't know how long I can afford this!!!

OH Wait, yes I do, "FOR F'N EVER".....

LOL. Be careful m8 as WGT maybe  the type of organisation that dont give a damn about the mess they have made but do about making money, so possible they sitting at present working out how they can stop this daily 1 hole XP grabbing. Probably take our free balls off us next.

• EGlass3
    370 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 2:53 AM

It's called a restore, they can do it. At this point, because they have scrambled it gets more and compoundingly difficult. This is embarrassing and  shameful I don't mind spending money on a game I like but communicate at the least and explain why we cannot enjoy they game anymore.

RSS