Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 7:17 AM

micheldess:

Maybe 10mph  indicate will be 20mph and the day after 10mph will be 5mph lol

More like 30-40 or whatever...''missed'' a ball an hour ago like this. And yes, for a strange ''coincidence'', there was a lake near by!! LOL

For anyone who is interessed in more:

Best of hardest back 9, 18th hole (i believe is the 18th hole on Congressional too)

My p drives and leaves me 228 from the hole. Wind 9-11 at 9.30 hours. Grabbing BB, full bs and played a ding shot at ~220 (90%). Result: The ball flew over the green and went in water at 245!!!

Perhaps i should have cleared my cookies and cashe first to make it wright!! LOOOOOOOOOOL

So be careful...when water lake is in the middle or even far far away, you better cc the hole than trying to make a shot.

PS

Now, please, spare me with technicalities about the shot. I have made this shot 100s of times with any possible wind and i know exactly what it does. My post is written only to warn the players about this (new) bug (?) and help them to keep their balls for another hole.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:33 AM

LOL nothing fixed yet!

Be back around 7 to play my 1 hole LOL

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:43 AM

lack of information/updates is pretty disturbing. Site is so low class.. idk how they have the brass to charge $4-$7 for balls and even more retarded prices for clubs lol.. time to find a new hobby I think. Worst run outfit I have seen in a long time.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:55 AM

I havent noticed slower dots.

Could have something to do what method you use for putting.

I use a combination of memory and tilting my head so my eyes is "parallel" with the dots. In that case the pace of dots doesnt matter.

• kinfolk69
    148 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 12:09 PM

WaLk0fLiFe:

lack of information/updates is pretty disturbing. Site is so low class.. idk how they have the brass to charge $4-$7 for balls and even more retarded prices for clubs lol.. time to find a new hobby I think. Worst run outfit I have seen in a long time.

+1

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 12:11 PM

Yiannis1970:

Now, please, spare me with technicalities about the shot. I have made this shot 100s of times with any possible wind and i know exactly what it does. My post is written only to warn the players about this (new) bug (?) and help them to keep their balls for another hole.

Perhaps this is a technicality that you don't want to hear, but the BB 3wd has a circle of precision of radius 9yds. This means that a dinged shot can go 9yds out in any direction when you catch the outer limits of deviation, and being 5yds out is very common. So you could not know exactly what this shot would do. To choose the 3wd over a 3i, which has a much tighter circle of precision, is inviting disaster. You were perhaps lucky not to find the lake more often in your 100s of other attempts. Of course, it is maybe not right that a 4.5 precision 3wd should have such a wide circle of precision. It is nevertheless a fact, and should be born in mind when deciding on your course management strategies.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 12:37 PM

fatdan:

LOL nothing fixed yet!

Be back around 7 to play my 1 hole LOL

Don't forget, this weekend is daylight savings time.  IIRC,  I should go from my next day being at 8pm to 7pm.

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 12:44 PM

WGT make far more $$$ from new joiners and people that are working up the tiers.  20 pages of moaning is a drop in the ocean in comparison to people paying in the Pro shop.

Now if they stopped playing, WGT would listen far more

and i thought i was just getting worse at putting. Missing by miles on some putts. I don;t have a brain cell large enough to enable breathing AND remembering a putt, so i rely on dot speeds. i'm fooked now!

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 1:31 PM

fmagnets:

Yiannis1970:

Now, please, spare me with technicalities about the shot. I have made this shot 100s of times with any possible wind and i know exactly what it does. My post is written only to warn the players about this (new) bug (?) and help them to keep their balls for another hole.

Perhaps this is a technicality that you don't want to hear, but the BB 3wd has a circle of precision of radius 9yds. This means that a dinged shot can go 9yds out in any direction when you catch the outer limits of deviation, and being 5yds out is very common. So you could not know exactly what this shot would do. To choose the 3wd over a 3i, which has a much tighter circle of precision, is inviting disaster. You were perhaps lucky not to find the lake more often in your 100s of other attempts. Of course, it is maybe not right that a 4.5 precision 3wd should have such a wide circle of precision. It is nevertheless a fact, and should be born in mind when deciding on your course management strategies.

Thanks for the input my friend! I don't doubt your knowledge of this game, but it's not this case. Fistly, i have done the same stroke over and over again with BB and similar or even identical winds. None of them has gone in water! Lucky? Perhaps...i was lucky 99 times and ul once. The circle of precision you are talking about is not to be applied in this case for the simple reason that water from the flag is far something like 20 yds, therefore double plus the upper limit, so it's almost impossible when you did a ding shot to miss that much.

The only reasonable answer is that the wind was fake..instead of lateral, was a full tailwind.

Thanks again for the input fmagnets. Can i ask you something? How come all these technicalities and circles of range take effect only when there's water near by?

So, believe me...it's not a problem to admitt if i did a bad shot and lost a ball. Have done this many times and i know exactly what i did wrong. Trying to triangulate the circle with improbable explanations is the real problem of this game. What happened to that old saying ''honesty is the best policy''?? Is it dead?

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 2:05 PM

Yiannis1970:

The circle of precision you are talking about is not to be applied in this case for the simple reason that water from the flag is far something like 20 yds,

Thanks again for the input fmagnets. Can i ask you something? How come all these technicalities and circles of range take effect only when there's water near by?

Were you playing to the front pin then? It's only about 6 or 7 yards to reach the downslope to the water behind the back pin.

The circles of (im)precision apply everywhere. But they only make a big mental impact when there is water nearby. Deviate 5 yards right at BPB hole 6 for example, and you have a 15 foot putt for birdie. Go 5 yards right at Congo 6 with the front pin, and you are in the drink and think wtf happened there???? Same shot, but the first example you still make birdie, the 2nd you are mentally scarred and disillusioned.

RSS