Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • Spammage
    694 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 1:04 PM

They seem to be at least close - but maybe still a little on the slow side.  That seems to be more pronounced on some courses/greens.

• StingerWelsh
    1,021 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 1:09 PM

bigseanbig:
    Can someone summarize the status of the dots.  Are they back to normal?

Summary:  NO!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 1:52 PM

spdemon:
    You might want to try it game client is way faster

I guess it depends on how you set up games. I use a different browser dedicated to the game that goes directly to the game client when I open it.  34 seconds to get to the 1st hole at PH using the Community tab, 46 seconds using the game client.

Think we did pretty good splitting that hair. LOL   ;-)

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 1:55 PM

YankeeJim:

spdemon:
    You might want to try it game client is way faster

I guess it depends on how you set up games. I use a different browser dedicated to the game that goes directly to the game client when I open it.  34 seconds to get to the 1st hole at PH using the Community tab, 46 seconds using the game client.

Think we did pretty good splitting that hair. LOL   ;-)

only takes me 16 secs  using the game client way 28 via the one hole never tried bookmarking the game client just the home page (if that's what you mean?)

back to the dot grid i have no idea lol but never seen them going to fast they do seem to break more than what they are showing (to me that is )

• Ianzzz
    6,345 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 2:04 PM

Ianzzz:

36 hours and no further word from the mods (or is it a case of moderation in everything?!)....

So much for keeping us updated.

I had heard that the invite problem has returned so something must have been fixed - just not sure what....

And another 24 hours pass by with no word

It is good to talk...............................

This can only mean that they have no idea what they have done and are wondering how to blame us - the clearing cache ain't cutting it any more.....

Even a mod telling us to "F off and deal with it" would be better than nothing - at least we would know where they stand (probably with their fingers in their ears while shouting out "LALALALALALALALA ....WE CAN'T HEAR YOU!)

Depressing that such a fine game can be thrown away in such a short time.

Just in time for the new course too..........

Ian

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 2:41 PM

I would say commenting is fruitless as its getting nothing done, so why dont folk from now just stop showing any interest, dont comment on forums and dont play. Country club owners suspend comps, that could be difficult but maybe worth it.

Ive a feeling the head honcho would then soon be kicking rear ends.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 3:08 PM

• Coyote37
    143 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 3:09 PM

To me they still seem very slow. If I putt the way the dots are showing I miss on the low side every time. So im allowing more break then what the dots are showing & it seems to help, but still a guessing game. Its getting very irritating.... Just wish it was back to normal. That way I can quit blaming WGT when I miss...lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 3:38 PM

spdemon:
    back to the dot grid i have no idea lol but never seen them going to fast they do seem to break more than what they are showing (to me that is )

When that last update happened and the ding was off center, WGT fixed that and the dots were zooming then. After the complaints started surfacing another adjustment was made-that's what Icon referred to in his hotfix statement on page 1- and that's when all the real fuss began-they slowed them down too much.

Your observation about the break seeming to be more is exactly what the fuss is about now. Putting has become quite obnoxious now because you're not sure what to believe. I see the same thing you do and it's frustrating as hell because it's definitely different than it has been all these years.

I personally have no clue how to adjust.  :-(

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 3:48 PM

YankeeJim:

spdemon:

When that last update happened and the ding was off center, WGT fixed that and the dots were zooming then. After the complaints started surfacing another adjustment was made-that's what Icon referred to in his hotfix statement on page 1- and that's when all the real fuss began-they slowed them down too much.

Your observation about the break seeming to be more is exactly what the fuss is about now. Putting has become quite obnoxious now because you're not sure what to believe. I see the same thing you do and it's frustrating as hell because it's definitely different than it has been all these years.

I personally have no clue how to adjust.  :-(

You are spot on.  I was putting well with the fast dots.  These super slow are a poor joke.  I just shot 9 holes on Merion.  Avg distance to hole 7.2 feet.  18 putts.  Ridiculous!

RSS