Help › Forums

** Release notes - 2/25/15 **

Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:23 PM (315 replies)
  • bhoese
    679 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:32 PM

mkrizan86:

YankeeJim:
    The center is still the ding and this only happens when you actually ding the putt.

The center (upright line) is not the ding. The ding is a bit to the right and only then the putt will go straight. If you hit the line that is visible and always was the ding, you burn the left edge of the hole (if the putt is straight and not really close, of course).

This is what I'm getting, too.  I went to BO3 3 (Cabo....5?  The flat one) and mulliganed a bunch of 19 footers with enough power to stop it a foot or two short of the hole.  New ding was straight, old ding line clearly pulled, and between the two was a milder pull. 

As for the meter, my desktop that used to have a nearly perfect meter in Comodo Dragon now has a steady stutter, but it's consistent and playable.  My laptop used to get an inconsistent meter in the best browser I could match to the game (FF), that one is borderline unplayable now.  Windows 7 on both.

I don't think it's just the meter.  The entire game client seems clunky and stutterey...ball flight, grid dots, fades from scene to scene.  I believe it's using more memory than it was prior to the update, as well.  It's almost 400,000 K in Comodo and 530,000 K between the Flash container and browser in FF.   I don't know precisely what those numbers were before, but I don't believe they were that high.  That alone might be enough to cause all of the trouble.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:39 PM

• Juanin73
    9 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:43 PM

WGTadmin2:

Here is an update and thanks for your patience.  To give you a little context, based on the feedback by a majority of players we have been focused on 3 main issues for the last month or so.

1) swing meter stuttering

2) player disconnects

3) invites being lost

We put in a few changes for the swing meter in the release last night.  Clearly it made things worse for some folks.  We are guessing it has to do with the flash player version you are using.  For some versions it is better and in other versions it is far worse.  We apologize that we did not test for all the flash versions and let this into live.  We have a fix  and also rolled back a few of the changes which should resolve the majority of the meter issues, including the "ding" offset.    We do not have the facilities to test this fix for all flash versions and configurations, so yes you are going to be the test group for this.  I will keep you posted as to when this fix will go live and thank you ahead of time to give us feedback if it is better or worse (please be gentle we have feelings too).  

Thanks for your help

I use Maxthon 4 browser and my principal trouble is the swing meter stuttering and the ding offset, at the moment is only this, i think.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:44 PM

onekeano:

why not do a system restore, and go back to a date when everything worked, 

ooops just remebered that was never, 

That was sometime during 2010 Keano :-) I believe it's still referred to as the good ol' days.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:44 PM

WGTadmin2:

Here is an update and thanks for your patience.  To give you a little context, based on the feedback by a majority of players we have been focused on 3 main issues for the last month or so.

2) player disconnects

3) invites being lost

We put in a few changes for the swing meter in the release last night.  Clearly it made things worse for some folks.  We are guessing it has to do with the flash player version you are using.  For some versions it is better and in other versions it is far worse.  We apologize that we did not test for all the flash versions and let this into live.  We have a fix  and also rolled back a few of the changes which should resolve the majority of the meter issues, including the "ding" offset.    We do not have the facilities to test this fix for all flash versions and configurations, so yes you are going to be the test group for this.  I will keep you posted as to when this fix will go live and thank you ahead of time to give us feedback if it is better or worse (please be gentle we have feelings too).  

Thanks for your help

I suppose it's good that you guys are still trying to make the meter better after all these years, but I think it was to the point where 99% of the issues that players have were due to other processes and services running in the background.  Please don't make any future changes without exhaustive testing.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:45 PM

Just logged in, how did the update work out....everything fixed ?  ;-)))

WGTadmin2:
     We have a fix  and also rolled back a few of the changes which should resolve the majority of the meter issues, including the "ding" offset.  

Sounds good, the putting ding / not or maybe is very off putting ( literally )

Strangely enough my meter is no diff from yesterday, pretty smooth ????

Andy ( Maxthon, low flash quality and 16,0,0,235 version )

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:48 PM

If you go to the WGT options tab in the menu and turn your flash quality to low, almost all the stuttering will go away.  Our new fix basically address an issue with the high quality setting for some versions of the flash player.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:52 PM

WGTadmin2:

2) player disconnects

3) invites being lost

Thanks for your help

Good post.

• xbritewood
    84 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:59 PM

I have been playing this game for over 4 years and this the worst i have EVER seen the meter skip. My Dad always said if ant broke don't fix it. Maybe WGT should do the same. Unless this just a way for wgt to get members to put more hits on Balls......

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:03 PM

WGTadmin2:

If you go to the WGT options tab in the menu and turn your flash quality to low, almost all the stuttering will go away.  Our new fix basically address an issue with the high quality setting for some versions of the flash player.

What a pathetic response - ok the stuttering might reduce but picture quality is all jittery anyway - go back and sort it properly.

RSS