4,011 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:04 PM

So is everything fixed

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:06 PM

Jimbog1964:

WGTadmin2:

Here is an update and thanks for your patience.  To give you a little context, based on the feedback by a majority of players we have been focused on 3 main issues for the last month or so.

1) swing meter stuttering

2) player disconnects

3) invites being lost

We put in a few changes for the swing meter in the release last night.  Clearly it made things worse for some folks.  We are guessing it has to do with the flash player version you are using.  For some versions it is better and in other versions it is far worse.  We apologize that we did not test for all the flash versions and let this into live.  We have a fix  and also rolled back a few of the changes which should resolve the majority of the meter issues, including the "ding" offset.    We do not have the facilities to test this fix for all flash versions and configurations, so yes you are going to be the test group for this.  I will keep you posted as to when this fix will go live and thank you ahead of time to give us feedback if it is better or worse (please be gentle we have feelings too).  

Thanks for your help

Good post.

Just last week WGTTyphoon told everyone here that WGT had no evidence of invites not going through. But you are saying you have been working on it for a month? Does anyone ever talk to anyone there?

And NOW you are saying WGT CAN control the meter.

Interesting. SMH.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:06 PM

WGTadmin2:
    flash quality to low

Not much help, but a little. Trouble is (at least on my machine) the ball on the green gets sparkles and the grid dots are jerky. 

On both meters the dingline appears to be twice as big, but isn't. 

• buzkashi
    403 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:10 PM

Thank you for the post. I tried both medium and low flash quality, and, although slightly better than at the high and best settings, there was still very significant meter stutter and very poor pixel acuity. 

• MelsDaddy
    30 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:18 PM

turning the flash to low made it worse if anything. game is unplayable. severe ball lag on the putting greens. no issues with the meter before the update, latest version of flash.

• aichapman
    1,357 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:24 PM

Thanks for the update.

Tried low flash and a fraction better but no where near what I have been used to.

Still jerky and no fun to play.

Please keep trying folks as the enjoyment level the past 6 months or so has dropped markedly for myself and a large number of my friends.

Regards from Alan

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:26 PM

WGTadmin2:

If you go to the WGT options tab in the menu and turn your flash quality to low, almost all the stuttering will go away.  Our new fix basically address an issue with the high quality setting for some versions of the flash player.

Not any better than "medium" setting for me a graphics are much worse...

How this temp fix, what versions of flash "does it work with"? I have the latest version and it isn't that one...

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:27 PM

I cannot believe (yes I can) that wgt releases new products (cash cows) and will not fix what is broken, and after every update the *** gets worse. With the meter problem, this game sucks, worse meter stutter I have seen in almost 4 years! 

We need to set up picket lines! Don't give them anymore cash until they fix the game!

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:28 PM

Hope somenoe can help me, a computer wizard

I have problem with the metter in the past and i decide to try comodo dragon, and miracle  my metter was good since  a year  and now since this maintenance, awfull

I clear my flash player, and not better 

Don't know what to do  but i don't think i will play  a lot  and enjoy with that in the future......

• tubbytubb
    121 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:28 PM

So my meter is now screwed, the ding can go past 4 bars and its still a ding, (no idea where to aim now) can't send or recieve invites, games get canceled and I lose my pass, and your response is I need more clubs to buy.  You have got to be freaking kidding me.  This is my first negative post about wgt. I'm done spending any money here, is there a way to get my credits back.  Oh, but its probably my end on my computer.  Great customer service here.  Does anyone have some cheese, I need alot.

RSS