Forums

Help › Forums

The Ashes

Fri, Jan 7 2011 10:59 AM (27 replies)
  • bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 11:39 PM

Just woke up to find England staring down the barrel of an innings defeat and thought I'd seek some solace on the forums, only to discover that I couldn't find an ashes thread.

Where is everyone? I just need someone to tell me that Strauss is going to discover the secret to batting on Australian wickets, that we're going to knock out the 222 runs needed to make Australia bat again by lunchtime tomorrow, we'll build a sizable lead by close of play, before Jimmy Anderson gets his reverse swing going on the final afternoon and we romp home to a glorious victory.

Help me out guys!

Sean

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 1:12 AM

We never win at Brisbane.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:40 AM

bluescouse:

Just woke up to find England staring down the barrel of an innings defeat and thought I'd seek some solace on the forums, only to discover that I couldn't find an ashes thread.

Where is everyone? I just need someone to tell me that Strauss is going to discover the secret to batting on Australian wickets, that we're going to knock out the 222 runs needed to make Australia bat again by lunchtime tomorrow, we'll build a sizable lead by close of play, before Jimmy Anderson gets his reverse swing going on the final afternoon and we romp home to a glorious victory.

Help me out guys!

Sean

I'm sorry but the best we can hope for is an extremely slow innings and a tense draw with the Aussies embarrassing themselves going for 20 in a few overs and a draw. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! WE NEED RAIN PRONTO!!!

Doodles 

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 1:41 PM

The Aussies don't have the balls to bowl us out twice! Watch this space.

The Yak

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 5:25 PM

Aww c'mon guys, give it up, you had your little day in the sun, and now its back to the old familiar losing ways. Wasn't the football WC enough of a sign for you?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 10:24 PM

Well it looks lot better this morning. Not beaten yet.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 1:06 AM

Hooray! Woke up this morning and thought I must have been still dreaming.

The first part of my plan worked beautifully, and I can only assume that Strauss and Cooke read my original post!

So (while I'm on a roll), pile on the runs tomorrow, declaration sometime after lunch with a lead of about 300, and then let Jimmy loose with the shiny new ball. Australia find no answer to his fantastic reverse swing, and we romp home to victory as we knew we would all along.

Easy peasy.

Sean

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:25 AM

Wow!!! We're on top now :-D !!! Gonna go gloat at some Australians...

Doodles

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 8:18 AM

just giving them a false sense of security! bring it home...(though it always is..mcc)

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 11:56 PM

Oh well - the last part of the scenario didn't go entirely according to plan, but I think we had a moral victory at least.

Yay!

Sean

RSS