Forums

Help › Forums

Compensation

Tue, Dec 7 2010 2:25 AM (55 replies)
  • charliecuzby
    149 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 12:20 PM
    I've lost countless birdies because of meter stutter, spent plenty of money while still unable to improve my game with replays and had other issues with the game. It's pretty obvious to everyone that there are bugs in the game which are not only frustrating but costly in paid tourneys. What I am asking is compensation for the money paying members who have experienced the same difficulties. If the customer is not satisfied due to problems with the service he or she deserves some form of compensation, standard practice in any reputable business, agreed? Refunding a certain amount of credits depending upon your level of spending and experience would be a reasonable solution. Anyone interested or WGT comments are very welcome. We can do this the easy way or use outside resources legally to solve the dilema. Outside options include but are not limited to a class action on behalf of dissatisfied paying members, there should be thousands.
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 12:30 PM

It affects us all. So let's call it quits eh?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 12:43 PM

Class action....that's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard all year......what next???? lawsuit against pacman because it promotes cannibalism.

tbe

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:03 PM

charliecuzby:
    I've lost countless birdies because of meter stutter, spent plenty of money while still unable to improve my game with replays and had other issues with the game. It's pretty obvious to everyone that there are bugs in the game which are not only frustrating but costly in paid tourneys. What I am asking is compensation for the money paying members who have experienced the same difficulties. If the customer is not satisfied due to problems with the service he or she deserves some form of compensation, standard practice in any reputable business, agreed? Refunding a certain amount of credits depending upon your level of spending and experience would be a reasonable solution. Anyone interested or WGT comments are very welcome. We can do this the easy way or use outside resources legally to solve the dilema. Outside options include but are not limited to a class action on behalf of dissatisfied paying members, there should be thousands.

If I were a lawyer, the first thing I would go to is....SURVEY SAYS!!!!

1. Your stats tell more about what kind of player you are than anything else. You have not worked very much on your short game have you now....

2. The meter problem is associated with the flash player and not the game itself.

3. You need to read the fine print there when you signed up. Funny things words are.

Seriously if you are having meter problems there are some things you can do. What browser are you using? If it is internet explorer that is part of your problem.

Have you cleared out your Flash Cache? How about your regular cache? Have you tried Game Booster. I am sure others will help if you are serious but beware the attacks are coming over that Class Action thing. LMAO!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:16 PM

Whilst I think that the notion of compensation or class actions are a step too far, there is a point to be made over this issue.

I have suggested in the past that were WGT a bit more customer orientated they could find it within themselves to stick a dozen balls in all active members inventories once a year. That along with a "thank you very much for your support over the year, we know there are issues and we are working hard to solve them" would do wonders to appease the many moans and groans that we read daily on here.

People will run with imperfections if they feel appreciated and that something is being done to address them.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:19 PM

charliecuzby:

dumb, dumb, did someone say frivolous lawsuite?  or did someone mention litigious society.  both, as it relates to lack of commen sense, and intelligence.  IT IS FREE.  YOU CHOSE TO PLAY!  who held the gun to your head?  are they still holding it to your head?  you need to evaluate what it is you want and then act on it accordingly.  a lawsuite is not the way.      my 2 cents

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:20 PM

thebigeasy707:

Class action....that's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard all year......what next???? lawsuit against pacman because it promotes cannibalism.

tbe

Rofl.

Doodles

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:23 PM

tiffer67:

Whilst I think that the notion of compensation or class actions are a step too far, there is a point to be made over this issue.

I have suggested in the past that were WGT a bit more customer orientated they could find it within themselves to stick a dozen balls in all active members inventories once a year. That along with a "thank you very much for your support over the year, we know there are issues and we are working hard to solve them" would do wonders to appease the many moans and groans that we read daily on here.

People will run with imperfections if they feel appreciated and that something is being done to address them.

That is a lot different than a class action suit. If that would have been his suggestion I agree it would have been a far better approach. Rewards for dedication, longevity and money spent are different and would be a valid point. While it is up to WGT, rewarding loyal customers is an ideal approach and often spreads by word of mouth to other potential customers. Great Point!

• tigergoodf
    1 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:24 PM

someone sounds a right clown 

• charliecuzby
    149 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 7:58 PM

Quite the responses, how many of you spent even 1 day running a business.  If you had you would realize customer satisfaction is vital and here it is non-existant.

Yes I've worked quite a bit on my short game, I'd be glad to play you sometime, we can play for all you've got, anytime.

If any of you have other suggestions besides foolish comments feel free.  I should've expected this.  Forums do serve a useful purpose when intelligent people offer intelligent posts, otherwise you have the above.

RSS