Forums

Help › Forums

new tour legends

Fri, Jan 30 2015 8:13 PM (24 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 12:17 PM

balmerino:

for a 70 year old who started playing 4 years ago..i think i'm doing ok ..got to Tl by putting in the hard yards..btw  play cc tourneys to be loyal to the club..but that dosent mean that i hide behind cc  :-)

You still miss the point ,no one cares . I dont care about how you made T/L its not my business . If you want to go pound out 500 rounds under the hardest conditions , more power to you . If you like to play every round under hurricane conditions so be it , again more power to you .

I on the other hand dont play that way . I didnt pound out 500 rounds under the hardest conditions . I also dont play under the hurricane wind conditions . But I still made T/L and took the easy way to do it .

There is even a blog about it on my profile page , no big deal . So if you want to call me a Paper T/L , or a T/L wannabe go right a head . At least you cant call me a sand bagger . I play for my enjoyment not yours .

You claim to be 70 years old but your replies say that you are too ignorant , or should I say immature to be 70 years old . At 70 if you are trying to belittle others for how they play a game, then you missed growing up somewhere in life . That kind of conduct is for children . As for the average thing . Players who worry about their average will not make either Legend or Tour Legend .

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 12:36 PM

Here is my   opinion  on this average thing .    To  make it to TL  I had to play stroke games  (mostly Weekly  tourney)   .It was not easy  we all know this .  Once I reached that level I tried like hell to  keep my average low ,  it became after a while  very difficult,  so at one time I  said  to myself  screw  his average thing  I already proven to myself and friendly members,  that I was a fair play player and to make it to TL  I had played all courses in all conditions .   Now  I play a lot of   CC  tourny .  One day  a tourney is on slow green ,another day  it is very fast greens  ,some tourney  are on    courses I know well or find easy..er .   So lately  I have been scoring low scores and of course it gets my average down .     Some will say I  pamper  or avoid harder  tourney.  wish is not really the case .             But I think  once you made it to TL  you (I)  have earned the right to play anything  you (I)  want .  And like YJ said   you know  by playing other TL  who has  played this game well  on all courses and conditions .          PS:   The only thing  I have not took part in yet ,is the uneven  lie tourney, yes there I agree  I have been dragging my feet ....LOLLL     to much frustrations for me it takes the fun out  of this virtual game ...................   I do know the best of the best TL play them   ...  hats of to you ,,,,,,,  I am not  ready  for those game yet .     I Think  the great,  good , friendly TL  members of this game have nothing to prove  and after a while average  is not so important  anymore .             My  two cents  .           Francois Frapp .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 2:09 PM

lonniescott711:
    You still miss the point ,no one I don't cares

FTFY.

Get off Balmerino, you took his post totally out of context and are forcing YOUR values on his opinion with a side of judgement. I happen to be happy for him and commend his restraint here. You make that difficult for him, I'm sure.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 5:07 PM

balmerino:
    i put out a thread about not being able to create  free cc games because i have not got enough credits to add to the purse..havent had much response  to that issue and how to fix it.. anyone out there that knows the solution

shoe said that was fixed

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 5:29 PM

lonniescott711:

You claim to be 70 years old but your replies say that you are too ignorant , or should I say immature to be 70 years old . At 70 if you are trying to belittle others for how they play a game, then you missed growing up somewhere in life .

Wrong answer...he actually sounds exactly like you would expect someone in their 70's to sound...they came up the hard way, didn't have it as easy as the much younger generations, and the mindset is do it the right way, NO shortcuts...try as you will you can't change it either!

To refer to him as ignorant shows a bit of ignorance...he may be a bit out of line but not really a big deal, why make it one...

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 6:42 PM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    You still miss the point ,no one I don't cares

FTFY.

Get off Balmerino, you took his post totally out of context and are forcing YOUR values on his opinion with a side of judgement. I happen to be happy for him and commend his restraint here. You make that difficult for him, I'm sure.

Totally agree.  It seems like the "paper champions" and other members of the Bethpage 500 club are getting a little bent out of shape because someone reminds them of how they coasted past their natural abilities.

I personally don't care, and I think that everyone can and should play their own game for their own enjoyment.  Doesn't mean that they're immune to ridicule for Game Genie-ing their way to the deeper dungeons they don't belong in.

RSS