Forums

Help › Forums

*** More Realistic Rough Conditions ***

Mon, May 18 2015 5:11 AM (306 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2015 9:28 PM

That is an excellent description oh how to play the game JIF.

If u look at Suncity28's videos he also on his tee shots, aims right and hits early, or aims left and hits late. It is a fairly safe way of ensuring u hit the fairways 99% of the time.

Myself I use this method partially especially when water is involved. The 11th at Congo is a good example of how good this method is, because missing left but still hitting the green, will still allow the ball to drift right , as it always does.

Don't forget if u hit a hook into a green and miss late, then  u will always be travelling towards the hole rather than away from the hole, which is what would happen if u took dead aim, tried for Ding, and missed it a pixel or two early

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2015 11:33 PM

There are too much problems here to discuss only for the rough condition. There are to much cases where you cannot stop think that something isn't and it won't be too much realistic: it's not good for the game, even for the spirit of middle tier players or the new ones.

How could be the feeling of a new player against those great and awesome scores.
    How could become member of the 50's club with only this feature.

Obviously, no offense to anyone.

It should be an idea for a new tier but it won't help them too much. There are still cheaters and multi accounters, which is the point. No one, this game is not our property, we can only give suggestions but, as almost always, they will not listen.

Frustrated but happy for what I got.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2015 9:09 AM

TopShelf2010:

Woohoo....

it comes in Yellow

Even better,  the new Chrome soft, also available in yellow.  Had 3 dozen show up at home for the upcoming season.  :)

http://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-balls/balls-2015-chrome-soft-yellow.html

• tigersmiles
    665 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 2:37 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Not sure this is good, why mess things around for players who have  invested a lot of time and balls learning all the shots from around the green. 

So what will happen now to my  full backspin flop on #2 Congo from 13 yards away in the 40-50% rough. I normally stiff it.

Your time would have been better spent making bunker play more realistic, because at the moment it is a million miles away from real life golf.

Could not agree more with oneeyedjohn. The bunkers are about as realistic as pigs flying..!!! Your ball rolls into the bunker & you are left with a 30-40% lie...???

I can understand a poor lie when you hit a lofted club on the fly into the bunker but when it rolls in is ridiculous. You can also generate a lot of spin from a bunker in real golf which never happens in this game..???

What are you going to do next. Ban the broomstick putter...lmao

WGT is a joke..!!!   I could go on for hours but could not be bothered typing anymore...lol

Rohan :((

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 4:25 PM

tigersmiles:
    I could go on for hours but could not be bothered typing anymore.

Great news.

• robertwalters
    68 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 5:24 PM

in real golf I can see the flag right in front of me and same for the opposite sde

• robertwalters
    68 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 8:52 PM

I play this game for about a year now payed about 600.00 hundred and it gets worst.do not play this game they make it harder and harder to get you to spend money

• Dracbrewer
    22 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2015 11:19 AM

couldn't agree more!

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2015 1:13 PM

• mongobeast1
    26 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2015 6:25 AM

they suck.i spent alot of time and money 2 get good out of ruf and u bastards say wtf lets turn his atv wedges in2 z wedges.i understood taking spin away on greens(made putter obsolete),but just because i get better than theese guys, who fkn whine cause i better than them. i dont cheat i take notes,wgt keeps changing *** for the players who dont put time or money in2 game.fk them.take care of players who spend the time and money 2 get better.realism, i can get spin on ball in ruf under 30yrds in a real game of golf,so why did u change it?i know u dont care about me or my money,

but im about done,tired of takin notes,getting better,and u guys say FU.CHANGE RUF BACK 2 NORMAL; GOD DAMN IT.

USE YOUR FINGER,NOT YOUR DINGER

RSS