• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2015 2:40 AM

1yes1no:

PaulTon:

1yes1no:
    WGT has even changed the deviation for missing the ding

Says who?

Sounds like you would rather invent conspiracy theories about the game rather than learning it.

" There are none so blind as those who will not see"

1yes1no:
    A guy who will speak the hard truth, now that is something a little less common, though not as pleasing to the status quo

It's a burden but I do it gladly.

Our opinions differ, fine, but if you are going to insult me, don't be droll.  It lessens us all.

You'd rather I insulted you without any humour?  I can't do that, droll is my thing.

Look on my comment as a lesson, then it won't lessen you.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2015 2:40 AM

Some replies are useless just like the way to have multiple accounts. Same words, same hand.

• aichapman
    1,357 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2015 12:27 PM

27 pages for this thread, so, probably run it's course.

I wonder how many WGT employees have perused the  Pro's and Cons the playing fraternity have posted?

There has been good input from both sides and I would be interested if anyone of importance will take note?

Having to give up the "Real" game after 30 odd years was very difficult, but I found this virtual game and enjoy it greatly, even with it's faults and failings, it's still an awesome game.

I used to laugh at what the Cleveland Wedges did, but eventually got used to them, as I have had to adjust to other parts of this virtual game as well.

Sadly now I'm learning all over again and I was nowhere near achieving the quality of play that I was aiming for.

Regards to all from Alan

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2015 12:51 PM

LMAO This ignorant change in the rough (only justifiable for newbies that don't want to learn) just means way less RG's for me.

Let me get this right, wgt wants to make it easier for newbies to learn but wants the established customer base to relearn what they have worked on for years. That's pathetic.

I hope the RG's dry up & blow away, in the meanwhile I'll bet wgt takes a huge hit the pocket for this.

• Coopsters
    4 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2015 1:02 PM

I did not read all 27 pages of post just looking somewhere to vent and saw "rough Conditions" I hit a ball in a 60/70 rough full 60 degree full spin just missed the ding..It went no where and was a lost ball..Really, How did I lose it if it went nowhere??

Thanks

• aussiegad
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2015 3:19 PM

I'm with all the others, remove these UNWANTED changes ............. time to find something else I think !

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2015 5:24 PM

Some of you guys with your conspiracy theories make me laugh. All these changes were done to make more money for WGT, blah, blah, blah. I spent five years getting hitting out of the rough down pat, blah, blah, blah. Quit crying and adjust.

It seems to me that the site is trying to IMPROVE the game by making it more realistic. Whether or not they have, it may be too early to tell. But if there are flaws in the game that the site can try to fix, and/or if the game can be made more realistic, what is so wrong with that? Hitting out of deep rough has been somewhat unrealistic all along, now they are trying to improve that...get it? Supposedly now hitting from the rough will not yield as precise results as before, and your ball should roll out a bit more...good, because that more accurately reflects REAL GOLF!

What's so bad about making the game a little easier for new players by making hitting out of deep rough more realistic? If by doing that, it's a little easier for beginners, that's great! It's not like they made the hole three times as big or did other changes that made the game LESS realistic. I see nothing wrong with a site such as this trying to attract and keep new customers.

Many of us have said that the site should try to improve bunker play. I suppose if the site did that one day, there would be people complaining that they have to relearn doing that, too? Face it folks, if the site tries to improve realism, players will have to adjust to any changes the site makes. The site can always can choose to leave things alone and never try to make the game more like real golf, then we won't have to adjust. You can't have it both ways.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2015 1:15 AM

Agree with Jam too but don't forget to consider as "new player" or "new customers" a couple of multi accounters. I don't care if WGT want to make this game more realistic for young and new players just because they never did something to solve this problem first.

Golf is an individual game, why do I have to share performances with someone which has multi of this "individualism". Solve this problem will turn things into realistic not a simple rough recovery.

Personal consideration.

• Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2015 2:22 AM

Jimbog1964:

How much would they dare  ? 

RORY MCILROY DEBUTS THE NEW NIKE GOLF ENGAGE WEDGES

“To me, they perform really well from the rough around the greens,” McIlroy said. “The ball seems to consistently get up easier and land softer.”

Hmmmmmmm just imagine  

I suppose we get those within a few months and its not that difficult to adjust the parameters of any wedge to make them a bit different.

And because Rory plays with you pay an extra 1000 crerdits and so they probably will be about 2995 each, or more

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2015 3:19 AM

mkg335:
    One of the lessons here is that if you're going to miss, don't shortside yourself around the greens, make sure your miss leaves you plenty of green to work with.

Can you let me know how i can make sure my miss leaves me with plenty of green to work with, as i don't plan to miss how can i know where to leave my miss?

RSS