Forums

Help › Forums

New Course in the News...

Wed, Nov 24 2010 8:17 AM (42 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 8:47 PM

YankeeJim:

All this excited anticipation. Do you all realize the next baseball season will have started before this happens? That means you get the same four courses to keep you interested for another 5 months!!!! That is hardly anything to get excited about. 

Unless Congressional is the course to be named later in the LPGA tour tourney for January. I had almost forgotten that they said the finals would be on a course to be named later.Then we are only looking at 1 1/2 or so for the CTTH  part.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 8:48 PM

This is great news. I hope the other courses slated for 2011 mentioned are both stroke play and ctth. Springtime I should be at level 80 and get the 280 yard driver I'll probably need, lol need already. I like everything the way it is. All these problems the perfectionists want fixed are things that will just lower the greats averages to 52 anyway. Thanks for the heads up Sky!

• oneklr
    187 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 11:04 PM

That is Great news , also just wanted to say i love the Game keep up the good work WGT 

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 1:04 AM

LOL u oldtimers here oughta know by now that wgt releases 2 strokeplays a year and few more CTTH.... with the addition of BLITZ i suspect more CTTH to come a lil faster>.............

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 9:35 AM

stencil:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, WGT for a new course. I was getting bored. I will play congressional until my clubs break.

Once again, Thank you

Same here!

Doodles

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 11:27 AM

TaterNater:
    with the addition of BLITZ i suspect more CTTH to come a lil faster

This is nice if you like taking the same 9 shots over and over and over again. Who needs practice facilities when you have CTTHs? Personally I'd like to take more than the same 9 shots on a course. 

OPD calls it a carrot and I agree. Who here didn't see this coming last Open when WGT hooked up with the USGA and next year's Open was shown on the website? Now this  "big" announcement and everybody gets all jacked up and excited. C'mon.......

You think moves like this will get guys like Marioh back or just keep the faithful faithful?

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 12:30 PM

Well said YJ!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 12:42 PM

Though I cannot find a Forum Comment that plays well with the Issue I shall address,,,but it does go hand and hand with what I call WGT FUNK...last match was a Blitz that I was winning rather  easily,,,,so when it came to that 66 yard shot to the green,,,with a 11 mph tailwind,,,I decided to go w/my 60 yard wedge,,,knowing that the wind will move your ball a mile left and right,,,but for some FUNKY reason it does not help this wedge,,,Total yardage on a full swing 60 yards wedge w/this wind at my back,,,landing on the green,,,43 yards?

Of course WGT doesn't see this as a issue,,,and will not give you a minute of their time...And for the record,,,my 85 yard wedge at 75%,,,and back spin always will be long... 

• Richard1969
    34 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:30 PM

WGTSky:

A new, full stroke play course, the Congressional Country Club, is coming to WGT...

Please see the announcement HERE for more info on The Congressional and a special offer from the USGA.

I'm glad to hear there is a new course coming.  I hope it doesn't fall by the wayside the way Oakmont pretty much has.  It's a shame too because I l really like playing Oakmont.  There needs to be tournaments played on these new courses so people will actually play them and learn them.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:23 PM

Richard1969:

WGTSky:

A new, full stroke play course, the Congressional Country Club, is coming to WGT...

Please see the announcement HERE for more info on The Congressional and a special offer from the USGA.

I'm glad to hear there is a new course coming.  I hope it doesn't fall by the wayside the way Oakmont pretty much has.  It's a shame too because I l really like playing Oakmont.  There needs to be tournaments played on these new courses so people will actually play them and learn them.

Very true Richard. I have only played Oakmont 3 or 4 times since the 
    Open 

RSS